Want to buy a few shares for a nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydontu

I've never bought shares before.

My nephew is a big Celtic FC fan and I want to buy him £100 worth of shares.

I also want the share cert that I can frame.

Whats the best way to go about this.

I was hoping to get some advice from someone that might have done this before rather than just a google search
Why didn't you say that in the first place so?! :rolleyes: Anyway - did you look at the Google search results - you might actually learn something.

Nice to see that you are benefiting from the shared experiences of the members of this forum with helpful and substantial posts to assist you in your objective to get some Celtic shares!!!! I'll bet that you're planning to tell all your friends over a pint this weekend of your positive experiences on AAM.

Anyway, don't let the price put you off as this is a gift rather than an investment and you are paying for the transaction, framing, postage etc. If you indeed want to maximise the number of shares for investment purposes then you need to find the cheapest broker (plenty of posts on AAM on this) and request a share certificate (this will cost you) and then organise the framing yourself.

Purely as a present/gift, you can take a look at http://www.framedshare.co.uk/Product.asp?shareid=293
I'm sure there are more sites out there offering something similar so do a bit of checking (even use Google as recommended) and determine the best value.

I hope your nephew enjoys the present.

Nice to see that you are benefiting from the shared experiences of the members of this forum with helpful and substantial posts to assist you in your objective to get some Celtic shares!!!! I'll bet that you're planning to tell all your friends over a pint this weekend of your positive experiences on AAM.
Did you read any of the Google search results from the link that I posted? Did you not think any of them were pertinent/helpful? :rolleyes:

Absolutely Clubman, and I do believe I even mentioned that in my response. It's your attitude in general that I have a problem with despite the fact that you provide decent information and are an asset to this site on an unpaid and volunteer basis.

Did you read any of the Google search results from the link that I posted? Did you not think any of them were pertinent/helpful? :rolleyes:

Absolutely Clubman, and I do believe I even mentioned that in my response. It's your attitude in general that I have a problem with despite the fact that you provide decent information and are an asset to this site on an unpaid and volunteer basis.

If you don't like the people who contribute to this site, or their attitude(s), you are always free to bring your custom elsewhere.

Don't know where you got the impression that I didn't like Clubman, I respect his knowledge and his contribution to this site, but I believe I am well within my rights to comment on anyone's posts....just as you have with mine.

Isn't this one of the strengths of AAM?

Thanks for your contribution and advice.

If you don't like the people who contribute to this site, or their attitude(s), you are always free to bring your custom elsewhere.

Aaaah, but it's the grey areas and the colour that adds complexity to us human beings where we don't necessarily fall into the opposing Yay or Nay categories.

Let's provide some balance here, I also said:

"I respect his knowledge and his contribution to this site...."
"...you provide decent information and are an asset to this site on an unpaid and volunteer basis."

I may not be a paid up member of your fan club when it comes to your editorial role and your attitude to posters who may not be as knowledgable as you but that doesn't mean I don't actually like you Clubman. If we all agreed on everything then it would be a pretty boring world. I don't like all the people who agree with me or dislike the people that don't.

Yeah - ubiquitous obviously dreamt it up ...
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back