Wallwood Consultants - Sharewatch

sammya

Did anyone receive communication from Sharewatch about their managed account services thru Wallwood Consultants, Newry? It seems they have a tie up with Saxo Capital Markets. Any reviews about Wallwood?

I got an email and letter from the MD of Sharewatch about this. I did not know they were based in Newry. Then I received a phone call-nice sales speil (which was denied it was a sales call - despite the guy working in sales (work it out!) Said lots of great things about what they offered, yet when I said as he was trying to sell their service he had to say these things but I needed more, much more than a soft sell before I would consider them.
I asked for more information on Wallwood, brochures, track record etc, he said he was not sure there was any, but would see what he could get. So not very re-assuring there.

The also did not seem to know anything about the history of sharewatch customers and how they ended up with Saxo. So again not very re-assuring.

The non sales-sales guy was keen to stress that loads of people had taken up his offer and seems aghast that I was so unsure. Just join in the fun like everybody else kind of thing! His constant line was you can have access to an expert who can advise and initiate trades on your behalf-no mention of them ever getting it wrong. These experts can monitor trends in the market and can help you avoid the pitfalls of financial disasters-he even mentioned 9/11 as an example!!! I said no-one could have predicted that. Other Economic disasters such as the collapse of Lehmans, the Euro Crisis and the Irish wipeout were missed my most of the so called experts-so its imossible to guarantee immunity from these events.

I am still waiting for the extra information on the track record of Wallwood and I would suggest that anyone that is contacted by anybody petioning on their behalf should do so too. Afterall, why would you trust anybody to recomend investments to you, if you dont know their track record.

I've just had a phone call with the woman in their Drogheda (going by the area code) office. She says she works for Sharewatch but it will be someone from Wallwood consultants who will call out. The only reason I'm listening to them is that I need to get away from FXCM to stop paying the inactivity fee every month. Has anyone any suggestions on a better option? I can't afford to trade right now but want to keep the option. I also don't want to sell out of my current holding and crystallise my losses. I still hold out hope of some sort of improvement over the next few years.

Back