Waiting time for medical card approval

legallady

My friend applied for a medical card 3 weeks ago. He hasn't heard anything since. How long does it usually take to get approval for a medical card? Thanks for your help

My friend applied for a medical card 3 weeks ago. He hasn't heard anything since. How long does it usually take to get approval for a medical card? Thanks for your help

I have indirect experience of this with 3 different applications made in the last 18 months and none received approval or rejection within 5 months.
Your friend could be in for a long wait.

15 working days max with medicalcard.ie, however depending if all required documents are submitted.
I had my GP visit card within 8 days.

I applied last year for a MC- while I was waiting (for 3-4 weeks or so) I had to take my daughter to a weekend GP clinic - €70. I was cleaned out as was on JA at the time.

I called the local HSE office dealing with my application and told them that I couldn't afford if this happened again while I was waiting for application to be processed and they sorted out my application in a day or so. Thankfully I got the card and haven't had to use it for a GP visit since I got it.

This could be an approach to adopt if you want to short-circuit the queue?

Back