Waiting on UK Social Welfare About My Uk Contributions

chippy

Hi all,hope someone can advice me?I applied for jobseekers benefit wellover 2months ago,my main problem is i have not enough contributions paid in Ireland but i have 15 years paid in the UK.I have given Irish Welfare Office all my information so that they could contact UK office about me.Irish Office told me during application that UK would process my information very quickly.Well here i am heading nearly for a 3 month wait and no sign of any dole as yet!!!! Irish Welfare have now changed their story and now blame UK for being so slow.My question has anyone been in the same boat? Is this the usual craic,i can understand there is a backlog,but come on nearly 3 months now.Any advice most appreciated. Chippy

Hi there Chippy,
I had a similar problem some time ago when I wanted to claim for eye test on my PRSI. Worked in the UK for some years and hadn't enough Irish Contributions. Same story, Social Welfare here were blaming UK for not sending on a copy of my contributions. so I did it myself. Wrote to UK looking for a printout of all my contributions. Had it in a couple of weeks. Sent it to Social Welfare here. Job sorted!

Lorraine B

Hi Lorraine thanks for your reply fair play.I think that is my next best option to contact Uk Welfare.I had asked the Irish Welfare for a Uk number that i could phone myself to hurry things up.They did not warm to that idea lol.So Lorraine would you know if there is a particular UK social Welfare address that i send my inquiry to?Once again Lorraine,your reply is most appreciated.

i had dealings with uk about insurance and found them to be pretty quick they told me three months and that's what it was. but i found ireland a lot slower especially now with so many people out of work.you can ring newcastle which deals with insurance they will often ring you back i found them very quick to do that and just keep on at the d.s.w. good luck

Back