Vodafone / Verizon Sale

What happens if you don't return any of the forms. Struggling to understand the documentation. Thanks

The above appears to have got lost in the thread and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer. Thanks. P

What happens if you don't return any of the forms. Struggling to understand the documentation. Thanks

The above appears to have got lost in the thread and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer. Thanks. P

On the white 'Form of Election:Return of Value 2014. it states,

If you have a bank mandate and email address on file with Computershare (as indicated in Box A above) and you wish to recieve "Your Default" consideration (indicated in the shaded area below) you should not complete or return this form.

If you don't have bank mandate and you don't submit one prior to cut off date,all money due will be paid by cheque in your default currency.

I am finding all this confusing.

I don't want the Verizon shares. (I won't be having more share dealings this year).

Do people have the choice then to keep or sell their existing vodafone shares?

You can't refuse to accept the Verizon shares.

But you can choose to sell them straight away.

A dealing form to sell the Verizon shares is included in the pack.

You can elect to sell the Verizon shares by ticking the box, signing and returning this form.

Vodafone on its own

My wife holds 175 Vodafone shares.
If she sells them now does she lose out in financial terms on the verizon deal ?

Your son would have received a share cert for his Eircom shares on flotation on 14 July 1999. If he held onto the shares he would have received a certificate for the bonus shares on 17 July 2000. In 2001 Eircom sold Eircell to Vodafone via a share for share transaction and your son would have received a Vodafone share certificate on 29 May 2001. Vodafone subsequently reorganized its capital structure and your son would have received a new share certificate on 31 July 2006. This is the certificate your son needs to sell his shares. The number of shares on this certificate should equal the number of shares on the Vodafone Form of Election: Return of Value 2014 form sent out just before Christmas by Vodafone.
I did the same - bought the minimum amount of Eircom shares (oh the innocence of me in those days!), ended up getting Eircell and then Vodafone shares. Started getting dividend cheques for silly amounts like 26p, tried to cash them when we switched to euro (or something like that) and most of them were out of date. I was supposed to contact Vodafone and get them re-issued, meant to read all of the stuff on the dividend reinvestment plan so I wouldn't have to deal with it all and since then, well, I basically didn't and all that stuff has been sitting in a box. This is a good incentive for me to try and figure out whether I even actually still have anything - certainly haven't had any post from Vodafone for many years (following at least three moves, although always with post forwarding for at least one year after each move). It was on the agenda for this year but I'm going to pull it forward to deal with it now. Spoke to Vodafone (actually I think it was Computershare I got put through to) just now to find out what information I need to find to give them the best chance of finding me in their system. Just in case anyone is in the same position and/or interested in knowing how that all works out, please let me know and I'll start a thread on it. Or if there is already a similar thread, would love to know about it. Thanks.

Another interesting piece of information I have seen in Section 4 (14) of the 'Guide to Shareholders' relates to the Share Certificates which are held by individual shareholders.

These are required for selling of shares but after this process is completed, these share certificates can be destroyed. The records will then be held by Computershare.

This is good news as some of my share certificates were inadvertently recycled amidst all the paper received down the years.

Found my share certificate for Vodafone and if being out of contact with them for ten years or so hasn't changed anything I am the proud owner of 47 shares.

Just have one slightly off-topic question and am wondering if someone knows the answer. On the share certificate it states that "the above-named is/are Registered Holder(s) of forty seven Ordinary Shares of US$0.10 each, fully paid, in Vodafone Group ... ... " - why is the value given in USD and not GBP? And surely that wasn't the actual share price at the time - from what I can find on google, share price in the first half of 2001 didn't go much above 20 but I thought that was dollars rather than cents.

Might be a stupid question but here goes.....

Does anyone know if it matters if all the forms go in the pre-paid envelope? I ask because
If not completing preferences for blue & yellow forms online, they can be returned in the pre-paid envelope. The Form of Election & Dealing Form need to be returned to a slightly different address '...Bristol, BS99 6AR' rather than '...Bristol, BS99 6BF'.

Does anyone know if it matters if all the forms go in the pre-paid envelope? I ask because

Yes, if you decide not to do voting online, I checked with the help line

Talking to Computershare today and the girl told me that the capital payment versus the Income Payment was irrelevant as the payment would have no tax deducted. My question is why this issue of tax was raised at all. The only reason I returned the form was to select the Capital Payment option as it was not default.

Just remember that you will probably have two Vodafone share certificates. One was replaced with the other when there was a consolidation. Check the share certificate against the number of shares that is recorded on the offer document.

Back