Vodafone Return of Value forms arrived too late

sent the forms back by Swift Post on 18 Feb. No letter received so far stating my forms were not received on time. Anyone else in this boat? Can I presume the forms were received on time?

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive payment? Decided to also sell the Verizon shares.

My dividends were paid directly into my bank account, will they also do this with my payment?

We returned 3 lots of forms. Two letters came back very rapidly saying they had arrived too late. We have heard nothing about the third form....will be very interesting to see if that one was processed in time.

Just to update you emeralds. I had the same issue. Sent back 4 forms on the 09.02.2014.Got three letters back. When I checked with computershare three forms were received at 4.02p.m on the 22.02.2014 and the one which I did not receive a letter on was received by them at 3.02p.m on the 15.02.2014 even though they were posted on the same date and the same post box. They found it difficult to explain and tried to suggest it might be postal service for the 7 days gap between receiving the 1st form and the other three.
I have sent my letter of complaint on this but judging by the way this has been handled to date wouldn't have too much confidence in this.

It would seem to me that Revenue should be contacted and see if they are prepared to treat the payments as capital given people's intentions and actions.

I don't see that Vodafone will do anything.

I often post letters Dublin - London and its normally 2 days. I posted my option (capital) 3 days before deadline and was told it did not arrive in time; ditto my husband who posted his 2 days before the deadline. I read in MOS today that others had a problem and mentioning this site.

Since others who posted earlier than me had a problem, I will complain. This does not make sense.

I complained and received the reply today - a load of waffle - as did my husband who complained separately.

The reply included my option form with a date stamp on it. The date stamp on my form posted Monday feb 17 at lunchtime is Saturday Feb 22, and my husbands form posted Feb 18 midday is stamped Feb 24. I simply do not believe that our option forms took so long to get from central Dublin to Bristol when any other letter I sent to the UK never took longer than 3 days and normally two days.

I often post letters Dublin - London and its normally 2 days. I posted my option (capital) 3 days before deadline and was told it did not arrive in time; ditto my husband who posted his 2 days before the deadline. I read in MOS today that others had a problem and mentioning this site.

Since others who posted earlier than me had a problem, I will complain. This does not make sense.

Did you register the post? If so, you'll be able to retrieve the tracking details from An Post, including the delivery date.

Why is this? I thought the dividends would be taxed at your marginal rate. The other option, I thought, would allow you to use your annual CGT exemption and only be taxed as Capital Gains on the excess, if any.

Most Vodafone shareholders are not Irish.

Did you register the post? If so, you'll be able to retrieve the tracking details from An Post, including the delivery date.

No I didn't. Did not want to queue in PO and pay fee for tiny amount of shares. The reply showed a date stamp on my option form. I simply dont believe why the post was so slow on this one occasion. And slow for so many others.

Hi,
I have a holding balance of 24 in Verizon following the Vodafone sale. I am thinking of availing of the free sale service. It saves on the ongoing administration of the various forms from the U.S.

What is the general feeling of people on this?

Hi,
I have a holding balance of 24 in Verizon following the Vodafone sale. I am thinking of availing of the free sale service. It saves on the ongoing administration of the various forms from the U.S.

What is the general feeling of people on this?
There's a good bit of discussion on that aspect in the big Vodafone/Verizon Sale thread, it might be useful for you to read that. I think the general consensus was that it made more sense to take advantage of the free dealing offer as.

Hi folks....
Like a lot of people, I too am angry about the fact my forms were deemed late. I complained online and got a postal response from Computershare saying that there is nothing they can do. They sent me a copy of my form with the date stamp on it.... of course the stamp doesnt mean anything in my eyes....

I read the link that was posted in the thread already:
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/p...ders-1.1714004

I am a little confused reading this.
Reading this it seems that Computershare has not held back any tax from the payouts, but we can expect a follow up bill in the post from Irish Revenus. Is this the case? Have they just informed Revenue that they shoudl send a bill to us?

I had understood that Computershare would deduct the tax from our payout and submit it themselves to Revenue on our behalf (if our forms were not returned on time for the capital option).

What is the actual case, does anybody know?

Thanks for any clarification you guys can give!

Free share dealing form arrived too late

Same problem, same computershare but further down the line with the free share dealing service.
I returned four share dealing forms, all posted together. Computershare say one arrived on time but the other three did not!!! I am currently complaining and exchanging letters with them. The mail room in computershare must be a total mess. They told me the process was audited by Price Waterhouse Coopers - yes that's they of the Anglo debacle - that might help to explain the mess.
Where does one go to seek redress? Any advice?

Back