vodafone debited credit card twice

Midsummer

I paid my last vodafone bill by credit card as it was a large amount so paid it online. I just noticed that on my credit card bill it was taken twice - rang the credit card company who said to get onto vodafone which I did.

I was told that by the time they refund me the bill would be due etc. & that it's appearing as a credit on my bill (obviously). I said that I wanted a credit on my bill to pay for the interest I'm now going to be charged on my card. The customer services rep. kept repeating "you submitted it twice" - obviously I didn't do this on purpose it was obviously some sort of website error. She initially refused to put me through to a manager and when I said I would be taking it further she then said no supervisor was available & someone will ring in the morning.

This is very annoying as obviously I didn't intend to pay it twice and furthermore this has NEVER happened before with an internet payment though I'm sure it happens a lot. They are now getting the credit of my cash which I am paying for through interest on my credit card bill. It's the equivalent of at least 2 months' bills. I'm furious.

If anyone could suggest who to change provider to I think I've finally had enough of them. I had issues with them before charging me for internet use on my phone when it didn't even have the facility !

Back