Vodafone charging for free webtexts

TreeTiger

I rarely send texts off my mobile as I usually have internet access so I send texts from Vodafone's website, and have never got close to the 300 limit of free texts.

However on my latest pay-monthly bill I have been charged for texts on 2 separate days, the first one I sent 9 texts at 15:38, about 2 weeks later I sent 14 texts at 08:44!

I know I sent them via Vodafone's website rather than using my phone - no way could I send messages that quickly! - and will get on to Vodafone to see what they have to say. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else?

I rarely send texts off my mobile as I usually have internet access so I send texts from Vodafone's website, and have never got close to the 300 limit of free texts.

However on my latest pay-monthly bill I have been charged for texts on 2 separate days, the first one I sent 9 texts at 15:38, about 2 weeks later I sent 14 texts at 08:44!

I know I sent them via Vodafone's website rather than using my phone - no way could I send messages that quickly! - and will get on to Vodafone to see what they have to say. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else?
Was it a group text ??

Was it a group text ??
I'm fairly sure they were on both days. I have a group set up for the numbers that were texted but don't remember when I set it up - it's possible the first one was sent in a bunch of 5 then a bunch of 4. But 14 texts in a minute suggests to me it was a group text on the second day!

I have got many billing problem with Vodafone when roaming, even though i had sign for their passport thingy...Had been charged €3 something per min for calls to Ireland from Germany and France.
I complained and got credit back + extra as gesture of good will for their mistake. What really ennoyed me if that their customer representative told me they knew about billing issues...and basically credited without too many questions asked anybody who complained.

MOVE to 3 network, cheap, no roaming charges for uk and inclusive mins can be used to call any uk number

If you send a long text, it gets billed as 2 or 3 texts so if you sent a long text that took up 2 texts as such to 7 people in a group, it would amount to 14 texts. Its very hard to send a text that is limited to the 160 characters allowed per text, mine always constitute 2 or 3 texts.

I've found the customer service on 3 to be excellent. I'd never go back to Vodafone.
Just spent 20 mins on the phone trying to cancel my 3 contract. Even if I pay the cancellation charge I still have to wait a month before I can move my number. 3 are full of crap. My bills have been higher then ever since I've been with them, they have no online facility, no free online texts, they now charge for downloading premiership goals, you can't use a SIM free phone fully on their network, their customer services are brutal and to top it all off, they don't allow landline texts to get to your phone. The second I can, I'm off to Vodafone or o2.

Back