Vista Home Premium

S

Seoighe 1

Hi, i recently purchased a new Laptop and was disappointed to learn that my software package (Vista Home Premium) didnt come with microsoft office on it. Instead it had Microsoft works a package that does not have anything like microsoft Power point on it.??? I was under the impression that office was standard with the home premium package????

Hi,

Welcome to AAM. We do understand that you're in the part of the country closest to the USA, Canada, Greenland, Iceland and even South America.

But listen....there's no need to shout. And who knows, aside from not being deaf, we may even be nice....

The operating system (in your case Vista Home Premium) and office applications are separate software packages and you never automatically get one with the other. Your options are to purchase MS Office or use a free alternative (e.g. Open Office). If you are a non-commercial user (as the home version of Vista might suggest), you can get MS Office Home & Student (which includes PowerPoint) for less than €100.

Open Office is a good free alternative and is suitable unless you need certain advanced tools, such as collaboration. It has word processing, spreadsheet and presentation (similar to powerpoint) software, and it can open MS Office documents. You can also set it to save your documents in MS Office format by default if you prefer.

Download it and uninstall Works which is a pile of poo.

Depending on where you work your company may have a licence that permits you to buy a low-price copy of Office for home use. I got one for about €17 last year under this arrangement. Check with your IT department.

Back