Visit to a consultant (in his "rooms" ) Cash only No cheques,no laser cards,no visa ?

They can claim all they want. But, if they conspire with the vendor to evade VAT, then of course they are legally responsible for the consequences.

Is that actually the case? How could the purchaser be prosecuted...surely they cannot be liable for the vendor's tax returns?

Which part is not correct?

I have only ever paid cash to a consultant, and Ive seen plenty of them, privately, in plenty of different places.

If I have ever gone back to a GP to be referred to a different consultant because I wasnt happy with the first consultant I have been charged 60 quid by the GP.

What you are suggesting is, 60 quid for the first referral letter from the GP, cash. Anywhere from 150-250 quid, cash for the consultant. If not happy with the consultant, back to GP, another 60 quid, cash. Then another consultants fee.

Not many of us can afford the above you know - its not a solution.

OK. I give up. You win.

Thanks for that....wasn't aware of that at all. A few prosecutions in this area would go a long way to stamping out the black economy.
the black economy will never be stamped out, it has always been around and always florishes in times of recssion, its just human nature at work.

Back