video editing

mjb

Can anyone recommend a good pc for video editing which is not too expensive?

Adobe Premier Elements is what I use coupled with Adobe Photoshop Elements for photography. When you buy as a bundle it comes in around €100~€150 I think.

Someone in my family does video editing and holds the view that PCs are not powerful enough to run, and that a Mac is what is required. The software he uses is Final Cut pro.

For FLV video, I know a free video editor calld moyea FLV Editor Lite. It contains a timeline and it is good. Or you can use moyea video converter, it is not only a converter but also a video editor.

If you have Windows 7 you can download Windows Live Movie Maker (Think thats the name of it) from the microsoft website for free. Handy for stitching together video clips and adding transition effects and background music.

Can anyone recommend a good pc for video editing which is not too expensive?
Are you thinking about buying a new PC? It all depends on what you want to do - Is this for professional purposes or home? Will you be video-editing every day, or just the odd clip of the family at the beach? Where will you be showing the end result - Youtube or TV at home or big screen in work or what?

Thanks everyone. I am a teacher and intend doing a lot of school related editing plus some home as well.

If you are going for adobe products you get discounts as a teacher.

I would recommend these over others from personal experience. Also depending on the extent to which you do plan to use video editing/ photo editing etc you could be better off going for a mac over pc. I have used both and mac are far better.

I think the OP means a recommended make/model of PC.

I'm no expert, but for video editing I gather that what's important is plenty of RAM and a good graphics card. Your best bet might be to 'tailor' a Dell machine? They usually do good deals for educational customers. Alternatively, the spec on (quad core = fast processing and multitasking) looks very good for just under €500 delivered. You'll get a decent 19" monitor for another on the same site.

This tutorial might come in handy.

Back