Vibroplates v's Treadmills

Lambchops

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to lose weight and just cant make it to the gym. I do bootcamp a couple of times a week but its just not enough.

Want to buy a vibroplate or a treadmill for the house but not sure which is best and would give me best results?

Also wondering what the average price is and what brands are good?

I dont kow about vibroplates, but personally I think youd be better to get out walking on foot than a treadmill. A treadmill moves your feet forward so doesnt exercise the hamstrings in balance with the quads. You burn more walking outdoors. So you could do less time outdoor walking for the same calorie burn of a longer treadmill wak.

You could think about walking to/from work, or cycling to/from work? That way you get the exercise in without spending any extra time doing it - if you know what I mean. By the time I get home from work at 5.30pm Ive cycled an hour (half hour each way) - but I dont feel like Ive put in any 'work' on the exercise because it was constructive to getting me from A to B.

I did have a treadmill at home, I was recovering from a big knee surgery and wasnt strong enough for outdoor walking, so used the treadmill for 10 mins at a time a few times a day - it was useful, but as soon as I could manage outdoor walking (some of it was nerves of course), I found the outdoor walking both more difficult and more beneficial than the treadmill - I got the treadmill from VJ sports (I think that was the name, it was VJ something) - and they were very good on follow up when there was a minor problem. I have no connection, just a happy customer.

Thanks truthseeker for your reply.

Unfortunately its not an option for me to walk in or out of work cos I live 35km away!!;) I leave my house at 7:30am and don't get home till 8pm so time I cook dinner, put on a wash etc its late enough so wouldn't really go walking.
Anyway where I live there is only one walking track and that gets boring after a while. there are 2 good 6km walks but no paths or lights so can only do at weekend during the daylight.

Thats why I was thinking about a treadmill or vibroplate.

Might look up that VJ place - thanks:)

I have a cross trainer and love it. I use it at night when the kids go to bed. I bought it in Elverys

Crosstrainer

Clownie ... am also looking for recommendations. How much are you talking for a decent [not high end] crosstrainer?

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to lose weight and just cant make it to the gym. I do bootcamp a couple of times a week but its just not enough.

Want to buy a vibroplate or a treadmill for the house but not sure which is best and would give me best results?

Also wondering what the average price is and what brands are good?

Elverys currently have a vibroplate thingy for €120 , I dont know how good they are but its probably like everything else - good if you stick with it

Elverys also have some really good deals on treadmills at the minute on their website.

This is similar to the one I have (mine is 2 years old and going fine), same manufacturer
[broken link removed]

Back