VHI: upgrading to best plan possible for elderly parent

Z

Z100

Hi,

Before I contact VHI myself I just wanted to check here for advice first.

I'm trying to encourage an elderly parent to up their VHI plan, which is currently plan B, to the best they can get in the hope that if and when they need medical attention in the future it will be a whole lot better than my family has experienced recently.

As with most things like this (see all my other posts!) I'm clueless so was wondering has anyone else here done something similar for an elderly relative, what kind of options might be available considering age/health record (which is good in this case). The family doesn't care how much it costs, we just want the best we can possibly get.

Any advice at all would be really appreciated, thanks.

Note that a waiting period may apply before additional benefits offered by a higher plan are covered and for elderly people this can be a few years I believe. Check out the terms & conditions of the policies in question.

Note that a waiting period may apply before additional benefits offered by a higher plan are covered and for elderly people this can be a few years I believe.

Thanks Clubman, was afraid that might be the case for an elderly person, will contact them tomorrow and see how long the waiting period will be.

Back