VHI VHI pmi 41 15 - for adult and child any alternative?

casperjack

Hi I have both me and my son age 7 on this plan and money a bit tight so looking to see if any better plans. Would be interested in having fertility cover as looking like will need it. No health issues with either of us adult age 42 and child age 7 based in Waterford. I have medical card which is due to end in December. Always have been afraid to cancel cover but have not used it except for some day expenses such as dentist, physio after sports injury and for claiming for lenses. Friends have said they have cancelled cover but as says before afraid too just incase! Any advice appreciated.

casperjack,

The following VHI plan is a good alternative option at a cheaper price, without compromising on cover.

1. Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission or
50 per day case procedure. Good day to day benefits. This plan has fertility cover included, the details of which you would have to go into
with VHI directly. Not very much info on the website.
[broken link removed]

https://www.vhi.ie/fertility

Child Option;
There are 2 half price child offers with VHI at the moment worth considering, with very good hospital cover but no day to day benefits.

1. One Plan Family; price 148; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case procedure.
2. Parents and Kids Excess; price 153pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 75 per admission or day
case procedure.
[broken link removed]

There are very limited day to day benefits on the above 2 plans, but if this extra cover is important, the following plan is also worth considering for a child.
3. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 286pa. Details as above.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back