VF going out of their way to capitalise arrears

Redone

Hello,

Looking for some advice in light of the recent political discussion on arrears.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, and what I'm about to write below could identify me to the VF that owns my mortgage.

I lost my job in 2010 and my wife was a student, we got into approx 30 k arrears (similar number of months), our finances have improved since, but since then a VF has taken over our 3.7% variable rate mortgage.

We have been paying back an assessed monthly payment for a couple of years now. Recently we were told that we were going on an agreed rate for 18 months and that our arrears will be capitalised. The monthly payment we signed up to in 18 months would be significantly higher than the current monthly payment.

We got a call about two weeks ago saying we only sent in 2 signed agreements (of our 4 loan agreements) - we sent in the 4, but they seem to have mislaid the 2 others. But, they still have the two. They said they'd send out the pack again and can we sign the four and return.

We then got a phone call a couple of days later saying if it's okay for them to press ahead with the capitalisation without the signed agreements.

It's only afterwards I heard about the new arrangement for a FG Taoiseach including something on arrears. Is our VF trying to expedite things with the above political involvement in mind? I've no idea what those measures may be.

Apologies for the long post

Back