Vested company shares showing different amount to broker portal

peterwilson

I am an Irish taxpayer, I work for a US firm and have €56k worth of vested shares. My company shares portal confirms this fact, as well as the fact that Fidelity manage those shares. In my Fidelity NetBenefits account, I can only see €26k worth of stock. I can’t find any guidance through my company (shared service stock support - ie anonymous and links to FAQs) or indeed from the Fidelity NetBenefits support team to understand the almost 50% discrepancy between my vested shares and the amount available in NetBenefits.
Is this the standard amount deducted due to tax (in Ireland and/or US)? Is this because some stock is being withheld as I haven’t filled out certain forms for the IRS? I did receive forms to complete but I find them incomprehensible and any tickets I raised there did not provide clarity. Or is there a time lag between shares vesting and becoming available in the NetBenefits portal? The shares started vesting for me 2 years ago.
Many thanks

I am an Irish taxpayer, I work for a US firm and have €56k worth of vested shares. My company shares portal confirms this fact, as well as the fact that Fidelity manage those shares. In my Fidelity NetBenefits account, I can only see €26k worth of stock. I can’t find any guidance through my company (shared service stock support - ie anonymous and links to FAQs) or indeed from the Fidelity NetBenefits support team to understand the almost 50% discrepancy between my vested shares and the amount available in NetBenefits.
Is this the standard amount deducted due to tax (in Ireland and/or US)? Is this because some stock is being withheld as I haven’t filled out certain forms for the IRS? I did receive forms to complete but I find them incomprehensible and any tickets I raised there did not provide clarity. Or is there a time lag between shares vesting and becoming available in the NetBenefits portal? The shares started vesting for me 2 years ago.
Many thanks
What share scheme are you in as there are a multitude, each with their own tax rules and what does the documentation you were provided with when you signed up to say about the scheme. It sounds like the scheme has a sell to cover element to cover the 52% Irish income tax due.

Back