ventilation problem

looper

hi,

I am having serious condensation problems in my house at present. help / advice needed.
2 storey house (timber frame construction built 20 years) which was upgraded with insulation to all eternal walls, attic, between floors etc. There were no trickle vents in the windows or wall vents.
So i purchased trickle vents and installed in some windows up stairs. There windows are still streaming wet in the morning where the rooms are inhabited but not as bad in rooms which are uninhabited.
''Warm air hits the glass and condenses causing water droplets on glass'' - the double glazing seens to be fine as its manufactured in year 1997.
What about introducing a Mechanical air exchange system would this guarantee better ventilation?
Any ideas of cost and can these systems be retro fitted? Who could i contact to survey the problem and offer a solution - engineer???

Any advice would really be appreciated?

Id install wall vents in each room for starters before you go down the road of expensive mechanical ventilation.

i installed trickle vents in the windows to be the same surface area of a wall vent however because there at the window maybe they are not as effective due to curtains & blinds being drawn at night as a vent internally in a room> thoughts!!

You also need to look at other things, Is the extractor fan working in the kitchen and bathroom? You also need to keep the kitchen door closed. Are you drying cloths in the house? Do you have a gas cooker? These all generate water that condenses in the colder part of the house

Back