Vehicle Registration Cert

Istabraq1

I purchased a car almost 2 months ago from a dealer on the southside.
To cut a long story short I still dont have the Vehicle Reg Cert( Log Book). I must have rang him about 50 times at this stage, about 2 weeks ago he claimed that it must have been lost in the post on the way to the Vehicle Reg Centre in Shannon and he would order a replica, five working days he said it would take. I rang Shannon and they confirmed a replica had been ordered. I rang dealer yesterday and he is still giving me excuses that the VRC must have been sent to the garage where he bought the car and he still dosent have it, (but he should be picking it up soon)

What rights do I have, obviously I can't tax my car so I'm only driving when I absolutly have no choice.
Do I have the right to return the car to him and expect a full refund.
So frustrated, dont know what to do!

FORM RF134 - app for replacement docs, then you have the log book, fill it in with your details and send it off.

Not sure how I can do this Susie.
The car is not registered in my name, the dealer was to send the VRC to Shannon to progress change of ownership, allegedly the forms never got there so he requested replica documents. The replicas will not be in my name.
As far as I can see I can't just send in a form to change the ownership of the car (although my boss has a nice Merc outside the door I would like to claim!)

If the dealer doesn't produce the VHC for the car surly I have a right to bring back the car and get my money back

Back