Valuation and Engineer, pre purchase

Komori

Have been offered a 3 bed house in cork recently. have been up to see it and very happy from the outside. getting the keys for a viewing in a few weeks. have to make a decision then pretty soon after if i'll take it. 99% yes.

Just wondering if anyone got an engineer to look over the house before purchase? Also did anyone get the house re-valued? I think the valuation the council have is a bit high, which might affect the amount of clawback i might have to pay back in later years.
It was highlighted in the examiner newspaper yesterday.

Have been offered a 3 bed house in cork recently. have been up to see it and very happy from the outside. getting the keys for a viewing in a few weeks. have to make a decision then pretty soon after if i'll take it. 99% yes.

Just wondering if anyone got an engineer to look over the house before purchase? Also did anyone get the house re-valued? I think the valuation the council have is a bit high, which might affect the amount of clawback i might have to pay back in later years.
It was highlighted in the examiner newspaper yesterday.

Hiya, congrats on the offer. Where in Cork did you get offered?
Im in process of buying a house in cork also. We took our mortgage out with EBS & they automatically sent out a valuer, which is worth gettin done in the long run. Im also waiting on an enginner to view the house as you have no come back in a few yrs if anything goes wrong.

Im in process of buying a house in cork also. We took our mortgage out with EBS & they automatically sent out a valuer, which is worth gettin done in the long run. Im also waiting on an enginner to view the house as you have no come back in a few yrs if anything goes wrong.

castle treasure. nice spot. close to home too

not trying to be overly positive but remember you do have come back in the form of homebond

When you apply for your mortgage the bank of building society send out a valuer to carry out a valuation.

I got a private one done aswell it costs €127 but well worth it

not trying to be overly positive but remember you do have come back in the form of homebond

well movingsoon, we all do have our own opinions. we have already noticed that the flashing on the roof was not finished which has lead to a damp patch and could lead to alot more if we had not come across it. This is the main reason we are gettin an engineer to look at our house as the council's engineer already passed it & some how missed the unfinished flashing. I would prefer to have peace of mind now than rely on what the council says...

Back