Key Post Vacuum Cleaners/Centralised Vacuum Cleaning Systems

Re: >> Vacuum Cleaners/Centralised Vacuum Cleaning Systems

Thank you Sueellen.
I ended up buying a Nilfisk GD 1010 and it is great. The suction power is excellent and it's one of those vacuums designed to make life easier. It is easy to manoeuvre and cleans both the tiles and carpet thoroughly. The dustbag can contain up to 9 litres.
I bought it on Ebay France.
I would have liked have found a detailed book of instructions with it, but Nilfisk-Advance didn't satisfy me with such.

Re: >> Vacuum Cleaners/Centralised Vacuum Cleaning Systems

Anyone have any experience with Vacuflo central vacum system, it does not have filters so hold onto it suction. I had enquired about Beam but rep quoted a price for cash which seemed expensive 1900euro for 3 or 4 inlet. I expect if I was paying cash (excluding VAT) that it should be cheaper.

Re: >> Vacuum Cleaners.

no backbreaking hoover to lug around. we paid about 1,200 euro a steal at the price good luck willow

I know. Them hoovers are very heavy aren't they?

Re: Key Post: Vacuum Cleaners/Centralised Vacuum Cleaning Systems

Hi Builder, I have a Vacuflow system in my house since it was built about 7 years ago. It is brilliant. No problems at all. It has a large motor with a bin attached to it into which the dirt collects. The bin only needs to be empties 2 or 3 times a year. There is a filter between the motor & the bin (I think). Never had to do anything with it. Motor & Bin part are in the garage with an exhause piped through the wall.

My friend also has the same system, and her kids have often shoved things into the pipe & the gentleman who installed it just calls to her with a larger unit and sucks whatever the item is back out. I have never heard her complain about the system either.

Hi all, I'm also in the market for a vacuum cleaner. A bagless one appeals to me as the bags seem to be quite expensive but I'm open to your suggestions. Most of you are talking about top of the range super vacuums and all I want is something for a small apartment, mostly timber flooring and tiles with one room of carpet. There's no pets or no kids either! Any recommendations?

I have a Nilfisk King after having an Electrolux and a VAX and would highly recommend Nilfisk. I've heard people say the Miele is very good and noticed it was quite reasonable in Power City (ages ago).

Here are the Best Buys from WHICH!
As you can see Miele sweeps the boards.
I went with the S5210 which was about €185 in Soundstore/Harvey Norman's during a sale.
I find it very good and it costs less that a tenner a year in bags. Each pack of bags includes a filter as well.
Miele Cat & Dog TT 5000 £180
Miele S4211 £125
Miele S4511 Premium Line £199
Nilfisk Extreme X300 £280
Miele S4210 £120
Miele S380 £100
Miele S5210 £139
Miele Parquet and Co £170
Bosch BSG 71810GB Formula £100
Dyson DC14 All Floors £260
Dyson DC14 Origin £260
Bosch BSG71800GB £80
Sebo Felix 1 Premium £208
Dyson DC08 TW carpetpro + allergy £260
Dyson DC15 The Ball All Floors £290

I'm in the market for a new Vacuum, exciting I know!

Can anyone recommend a good one? I don't have any particular price on mind.
It will be for normal household use.

Does anyone have a Roomba http://www.easyliving.ie/roomba.php? it looks to good to be true :)

My aunt and uncle bought one a couple years ago, when mum saw it in action she ordered one, and when her friend saw it in action she also went straight home and got one! Two of my friends also have them. All say they are brilliant. Mums had a few problems, and when changing a part didn't solve it the whole unit was change without any hassle (through easyliving). You will still need an ordinary vacuum for cobwebs up high and the likes!!

In the features is says that it gets in to corners and edges.... but does it really manage it?

Back