Vaccinations at TMB - I dont need consultation

AndroidMan

Going away in 15 days.
I have all travel vaccinations (I dont mean covid) up to date bar one.
I know exactly the jab I need.

The TMB want to charge me a consultation fee as well as the fee for the vaccination. I dont need to be told again about drinking bottled water and peelable fruit by the TMB consultant, I have visited this regin many times before.

Are there organisations that will just administer the jab and update my vaccination certificate in the Dublin area?

Usually your GP’s nurse would administer them, they’d have to order it in and would charge for whatever it is, so you could ring up your GP surgery and ask what they’d charge for the nurse to give you a vaccine for rabies or whatever it is.

You might find the consultation fee is because nobody is allowed give it to you without a GP sign off first though.

Androidman, you won't find somewhere to just give you vaccines. They have to be prescribed by a doctor, and this usually would involve a consultation first, irrespective of what you feel you need. In the event of a problem, granted unlikely, a nurse would not have a leg to stand on, nor would a doctor who had not undertaken a consultation first. It's all about defensive medicine nowadays. Enjoy your holiday!

Back