Using Uk Company

Patgdirector

Any idea why a couple resident in Ireland with their business activity in a Ireland are using a company they setup in the UK?

Uk registered company with very same name registered in Ireland as a branch. This individual has liquidated a few companies in the past with debt am I going to be a victim here .... looks like it...something not right...
Can you liquidate a branch and not affect the parent company?

No, a branch and its parent company are the exact same entity. The branch can't be liquidated without the parent company being liquidated. You will find it much easier to sue and enforce a debt against a UK company than an Irish one. Look at it on Google and you'll find a good few businesses that will do the debt collection for you.

Thanks I must look in to this.
Company was setup in Uk in 2014 and branch setup in Ireland at same time. UK company has filled company return each year but Irish branch has never filled with cro.
All his business activity is in the Republic of Ireland so He must be putting all income through UK company.
So if I sue the irish branch can I enforce it in a Uk court and get the parent UK company to pay?

Back