Using Two Estate Agents. Any issues?

River

Hi,

We've had our apartment up for sale for about 5 months. Despite a number of promising early viewings we had not received any offers. And lately we have not even had any viewings. Our price was probably a little high so we have now reduced it a little. HOwever this has not led to an influx of viewers!
I spoke with the EA about this but he has blamed it on the current market (which I accept to a point)

Anyway, since we advertised the apartment a number of other apartments in the complex have come up for sale (around the same price level). The same estate agent we use is selling a number of them. Does this lead to a conflict of interest at all? They other apartments seem to be more prominently displayed on the EA website and myhome even though I would say ours is the more pleasantly presented (maybe slightly biased).

Anyway I am considering using a second EA to advertise the property to inject some impetus into the sale. I will of course make each EA aware of my plans.

Are there any issues with utilising 2 EA's? Has anyone else tried this?

thanks
R

Last edited:
Loads of people do it but I would suggest that if you are thinking of using a second EA then just drop the first guy. Pricing too high initially proved a bad move because it is the first few months that matter most. You might now have to consider going in well under the competition to make yours stand out because apartments have a limited market anyway. Check if the second EA have any investors on their books etc and also check their website to see whats already on their books.

Back