Using Power Screed

mister mac

Hi,

I was wondering does anybody have tips for using a power-screed. Will be pouring the finished floor on sat and am going to hire a power screed. I am concerned that the vibrations of the screed will damage the Radon barrier that comes over the top of the first block, as end of the power screed will be overlapping this block and using it and a main wall running down the centre of the house to screed off.

Any advice appreciated

Get a pro onsite, this is too risky to mess around with, you could be suffering the consequences for years all to save a few hundred quid for a man on site.

Get a Pro.

Should have stated in original post. It is a raft foundation and the first pour(on bottom) is already completed. On top of this base slab goes the radon then one row of 9inch around perimeter with radon out on top of inside leaf and under outside leaf, then internal walls built with soapbars followed by insulation placed down internally. We screeded using a 6 mts 4x2 length of timber for the first pour but I want to get a better finish for the finished floor before power floating.
My question really is will the power screed running along the radon on top of the perimeter blocks rip it to shreeds or will it just vibrate across it without causing too much damage?

It won't cause too much damage but it will certainly cause some. You should ideally screed of tamped screeds set with a laser level as you go, this is more accurate than going off the blockwork.

I do a lot of finished concrete floors and it's not really a job for someone without experience. I'd have to second Horatio and advise you to get someone with experience.

Back