Using DVD player in Canada

Slim

Hi All,

My son is travelling to Canada tomorrow and wants to bring his portable DVD player for the flight and spare time. I am sure it will not work in canada without a converter and a plug adapter. Am I right?

Are these expensive items and can they be bought in the airport?

Thanks, Slim

Hi Slim,

The plug should only require an adaptor and not a convertor. Just to note the DVDs in Canada are a different region so they probably won't play on his machine.

addob

Thanks Addob, but isn't the current half what we use here? Slim

Just to note the DVDs in Canada are a different region so they probably won't play on his machine.

True, but if he confines his use of the DVD player to the DVDs he brings with him, that issue doesn't arise ?

Thanks Addob, but isn't the current half what we use here? Slim

No, not quite, its the voltage that is around half of our 230V., but this shouldn't present a problem as most modern chargers are multi voltage.

No, not quite, its the voltage that is around half of our 230V., but this shouldn't present a problem as most modern chargers are multi voltage.

Sorry to be dim but when you say chargers do you mean portable electronic devices like DVD players and battery chargers?

Sorry to be dim but when you say chargers do you mean portable electronic devices like DVD players and battery chargers?

Yes I do.

If you look at the battery charger for the DVD player , I reckon it will say something like:- Input voltage 110 ~ 240

Back