Updated P45 possible?

N

neil1one

Hi all,

Just started in a new workplace and I provided my last P45 from summer 2010. They asked me for a new P45? Even though i have not worked since that time. Is it possible to get a new one with no information on it?

Thanks all
Neil

I don't think you should need one if you've been outside of the tax system since then.

Do they realise that this is the last time that you worked?

Otherwise complete [broken link removed]yourself and file it with Revenue. You will need your employer's registration number, otherwise it should be straightforward - ask here if you need help completing it.

Hi all,

Just started in a new workplace and I provided my last P45 from summer 2010. They asked me for a new P45? Even though i have not worked since that time. Is it possible to get a new one with no information on it?

Thanks all
Neil

If you don't have a current year P45, then form P46 is the fastest/simplest form to complete to get it sorted. http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/p46.pdf

Form 12A is twice as long but it will also get the job done; I'd only be bothered using it if you want to claim a new tax credit that you didn't have the last time you were working...

Back