UPC box and Philips TV sound problems

TLC

We have UPC Hd etc. & bought a new Philips TV a couple of weeks ago, since then sometimes when we change channels the sound goes muffled. If I turn off the box or TV & turn it back on again the sound goes back to normal - anyone any ideas what's wrong?

No - I use the tv remote, sorry to be so thick - but does it make a difference?

Oh, you're not thick - it may not be your problem at all, it's just my neighbour recently had a problem with his sound after buying a new tv & it was resolved by programming his UPC remote (just had to enter the correct code for his make of tv) to adjust the volume on his tv. There is a list of codes for different tv's on the UPC site.

I don't want to set you on the wrong path, so it may be best to ring UPC or see if you get any more helpful responses here.

I'll give them a ring in the morning - and go from there. And thanks for the help - appreciated

Interesting,

My parents have a philips tv with upc (MMDS) and the is a constant low humming noise on the upc channels. Not sure if its the TV or the issue described above. Probably just the TV, must do some testing on it...

S.

I have the ambilight tv and to stop the interference with the upc box ,you have to tape a piece of paper over the infra red receiver on the box!(Sounds crazy,but works)

upc hd and philips tv sound problem

TLC...I have exactly the same problem, after a few functions with the upc remote, the sound goes muffled like talking underwater.

we've had upc out a number of times...they have replaced the decoder and the hdmi cable but the problem remained. the technician said the sound was 'white heat' better known as static. it builds up after a short while but dissipates as soon as the box is switched off.

we had another guy out today who replaced the cable from the outside box to the hd decoder but still the problem remains. this guy said he came across the problem once before in clontarf, he wasn't able to fix it and passed it up the line at upc. he doesn't know if it was ever resolved. he did say that the tv in that case was also a philips!!!

my tv is a philips 40'' hd led bought just 3 weeks ago.

has your problem been resolved???

I have a Philips ambilight and have a UPC box. I am experiencing a slight echo sound issue. I don't have speakers hooked up so all sound is coming from tv.

Anyone else have this issue?

Back