UPC - after overcharging, can I trust them?

shnaek

Just to give a bit of background:

Bill Jan 2014 - €41.99. Been a customer of theirs for 7 years at this stage.

I get a call about it going up to €50. I ring and tell them to cancel the TV element. They offer a deal on both internet and TV for €26.61 as long as I sign up for 12 months. I agree.

Bill Feb 2014 €26.61
Bill Mar 2014 €28.22
Bill May 2014 €33.23
Bill Jan 2015 €35.59
Bill Feb 2015 € 74.98

I ring them up and ask them what's going on. They tell me I was on a half price deal. I ask them which of the prices was supposed to be half of €74.98, and when was I ever paying that much? They tell me I was on a half price deal. I tell them I was never told I was on a half price deal. They tell me I was on a half price deal. It's like talking to a child's battery operated toy.

I never got notification of this huge increase, the money has been taken from my account. I cancelled the TV. Then I was told my internet would cost me €43.50. My 30mb internet that I've had for 8 years? So I cancelled that too. Tried to get the 120mb for 20 for the first 4 months, then 40 thereafter. Was told that's for new customers only.

THEN THIS MONTH I get a bill of €90:15 for the period 28 March to 27 April, even though I cancelled both, so with the 30 days notice TV ends today (3rd April) and Internet ends 18th April.

After over and back with them and escalating it to twitter and facebook they say it was an overcharge and that they'll instead charge me 75quid and refund me at the end of the month.

Question is - can I trust them to refund the money? Or should I just cancel my direct debit and end the relationship now?

Been with them 8 years total, and have recommended them to friends, so this whole episode has me shocked and annoyed, and has taken up a hell of a lot of my time. I'd really rather just end it with them now and never deal with them again.

Back