Unrecognised Transactions on Visa Debit Card

Pearl

I noticed two transactions in my online statement that I didn't recognise as mine. One reads "VODAFONES ONLINE, STOR" and the other reads "DRI*CCNOW.C".

I had assumed my bank (Ulster) would have information on the location/time of theses sales, but they tell me that all they can do is cancel the card - they do not perform investigations of any kind.

These transactions happened in January, so I'd rather confirm that I definitely did not make these purchases before I cancel the card - especially as purchases often appear with text that it not obviously associated with a purchase.

Is there any way to investigate the purchases to get more information?

Thanks,
Pearl

UB are being lazy. Did you speak to their belfast call centre or your branch? The call centre cannot investigate but should transfer you to the branch who can

Did you buy a ringtone or anything like that in January

Sometimes these things are a sneaky pay monthly instead of a one-off

VODAFONES ONLINE, STOR > pre-paid phone top-up?

CCNOW.com > runs merchant accounts etc., could be any sort of online store, ebay trader etc.

Do you have teenage kids? ;)

I paid for a Vodafone top-up with my UB Visa Debit. My online statement shows:

"10 Dec 2010POS0255 09DEC10 , VODAFONES ONLINE , STOR , DUBLIN IE"

Does that look similar to your entry (dates apart, naturally)?

Any transaction with Vodafone using this card forces me to the "Verified by Visa" secure site where I have to enter randomly chosen characters from my security password. It seems unlikely that somebody could have hijacked your card unless they had your password too.

Back