'Unique' accomodation, Sept, anywhere in Ireland?

Plek Trum

Hi all,

we have the 1st week in September off and are thinking of spending it in Ireland (fingers crossed for the sunshine!). Hoping to stay somewhere a little different (not Kerry / Cork), that has good pubs, restaurants and scenery close. Maybe lakeside / mountain accomodation or coastal?

Has anyone any good receommendations for that somewhere a 'little different'? Preferably self catering...

The landmark trust has castles etc. for rent - all self catering I think. Certainly a little different! Depends on how many you are - there are v few for e.g. 2 people

Sprite

We have had a lot of luck with the Hidden Ireland website - they have some amazing and definitely 'different' self catering properties!

I think I remember that you can rent lighthouses that are not longer in use (the land based ones obviously). Might be very different and will certainly have a view!

Thanks guys - yes, just 2 of us (at the moment anyway!). I had a look at the landmark trust wesbite and there's a few of us getting together to rent a castle next March, should be fun. Will try Hidden Ireland and Trinity Island for a browse.. thanks.

Recently I spent a few nights in Lough rynn castle in Leitrim, brought bikes up and did plenty of cycling round the area, the package we got also include a cruise on the Shannon, afternoon tea in the gardens of the castle, very good value and I must say its a good as anywhere we’ve stayed in Ireland.

Good luck with your searches, but if it's only the two of you, Trinityisland will work out expensive.

Special Note: There are 109 steps to the kitchen on the top floor...

might be a bit of hardwork for a week :eek:!

That ought to get you/keep you fit !!:p

Never thought of that Briancbyrne - will do a search and see how the prices work out. As a general rule, is it expensive?

Cant be exact but I seem to remember it being around 800 - 1000 for a week - you can bring bikes, with you aswell. Can also have small fishing boat towed behind - also if you have dog - they can be brought

Back