Unexplained Decline of Applications by AIB

Its a good idea to run an ICB report on your credit rating before you even approach a lender,you could be unpleasantly surprised by an administrative error that has shredded your credit rating and any chance of getting a mortgage.

Costs €6.

http://www.icb.ie/

As for relying on one lender,agree 100%,your best bet is dealing with a good mortgage broker who will go out to all lenders who deal with Brokers,there are a few who give excellent advice on this site like Liam D Ferguson.

As a former retired for many years of AIB i am appalled at this story of the long delay in finally assessing a Mortgage application. It has been indicated in previous posts that usually a final decision is reached after 5 days of receipt of all requested documentation. If the sequence of events are as detailed i feel a more proper detailed response is necessary which might benefit future applicants.. I am sure the applicants have no stomach to pursue this matter further but maybe there is some other avenue which could be used to try and get a satisfactory answer as to why OPs suffered such a delay.

I don't understand how people can bid on a house unless they had mortgage approval, looks to me like they did not have approval, they assumed they had but they did not. 8% is a very low deposit.

There is a long history of banks being very helpful to Politicians. Look at the loan write offs that the leaders of FF and FG got (Charles Haughey and Garrett Fitzgerald), and those are only the one's we know about.

Banana republic comes to mind and he is helping to bat for business owners trying to get credit from banks . How can AIB jusify giving this man a mortgage versus the couple with a clean ICB record, good incomes and full time permanent jobs. It boogles the mind

I would point out that there is only one side of the story being presented here and that anything in the Independent should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

The article doesnt mention if they were ever offered the mortgage in principal.

They should have tried BOI aswell if they hadnt been given approval when they signed contracts.

Hindsight is a great thing though I can imagine how let down they feel

Back