Understood signal to show that you disapprove of strikers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Sandrat. No violence there for YOBR to object to. I do love a bit of violence, I do.

Caveat, can you hiss? That'd be good if you could.

What are you talking about? Are Dublin Bus a private sector company?

I was answering your Query..."Is any other group talking about industrial action"

Dublin Bus seems to be implementing a last in first out system. Whats so immoral about that? The unions aren't even trying to protect jobs. They are simply trying to get massive pay outs for some workers (willing to hazzard a guess that those with strong union connections would be first in line).

Massive Payouts?? That's hardly likely if it's a last in first out system they are implementing. The immoral thing is that they are not paying redundancy payments to many of those they are letting go.

I agree with you that maybe a better form of protest could be organised but I would hardly throw rocks at the strikers.

I thought this was a thread on people striking didn't realise it mattered wheter the strikers were public or private sector as it never mentioned that in the initial post.

:) Yeah - or maybe I'll do an "interpretative dance" or something.
Why not contact that mad stepdancer who jumped in front of the racing cars/marathon runner. I'm sure that publicity is a double edged feather duster.:D

I was answering your Query..."Is any other group talking about industrial action"

Massive Payouts?? That's hardly likely if it's a last in first out system they are implementing. The immoral thing is that they are not paying redundancy payments to many of those they are letting go.

I agree with you that maybe a better form of protest could be organised but I would hardly throw rocks at the strikers.

I thought this was a thread on people striking didn't realise it mattered wheter the strikers were public or private sector as it never mentioned that in the initial post.

I was referring to another post when someone was saying this thread was about public sector workers. Simply pointing out that it would be hard not to be considering they are the only ones threatening industrial action.

Again you miss my point about the payouts. The Unions don't want a last in, first out system because there won't be massive redundancy payments for their buddies. They have no interest in protecting the actual jobs there. Would have sympathy if that was the case. Why don't they show solidarity by seeing if they can cut payroll costs some other way except for lay offs? Also workers will get the statutory redundancy if they are entitled to it so again whats immoral about that. Why do people assume they are entitled to massive pay outs when it comes to being let off?

Redundancy sucks for everyone but I can't see why around 400 lay offs (as horrible as that is) can be used as an excuse to hold the public transport users of this Country to ransom.

Redundancy sucks for everyone but I can't see why around 400 lay offs (as horrible as that is) can be used as an excuse to hold the public transport users of this Country to ransom.

INHO the public transport users of this country are being held to ransom by the outdated regulatory system of bus licensing in this country. It dates from 1932!

my mum always told me that sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me....

...therefore i'll be throwing sticks and stones at them;)

Or as a friend’s wife says "Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me"... God, I have been tempted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back