Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have. As I said, I was expecting to see 6 movements, I have seen 1 of the 6 movements occur. I am missing 5 of the 6 movements. The 1 movement that did occur, happened with an unusual narrative/reference.

I did a test transfer from AIB to my UB savings a/c last week, which arrived the next day (if not sooner) but with narrative "CHAPS/International". It's costing someone a fortune to use CHAPS (presumably via RBS international clearing, which is working) for these transfers!

My wages just came through in the last hour. Can't do transfers out of the account via online yet but still progress.

@Ciaran, any more details on the KBC thing? Nothing finding anything on their site.

No credits for me for the last three weeks!! including Salary and CB today. Have rung around a few compaines today that I have DD with. Meteor have avised they have been paid even though not showing on my account, Allianz have advised that they are not even going to attempt to take any payments from UB customers untill sorted and dont have the energy to phone SKY :) On the up side I have not over spent this month as not been able to use the card ;)

My salary landed today from 21 June. Visa still has not been paid even though the payment left my current account on 19 June. Mortgage not paid or standing orders put through for 1 July. Visa Debit transactions of the past week not registered although (I think!) balance is correct. Slowly gettin there.

Strangely, I did an electronic transfer between two accounts last week and that reflected in an updated balance for both accounts immediately as per normal...

Not really worried now. They can whistle for the mortgage payment being late as it is a UB mortgage anyway and I know that the interest charges on my Visa will be returned.

Strangely, I did an electronic transfer between two accounts last week and that reflected in an updated balance for both accounts immediately as per normal...

There seems to be no issues with Ulster Bank to Ulster Bank transfers where both accounts are in the same ownership.

Just rang Anytime Banking as my salary was due in on 25 June last and still no sign of it. Yet two S/Os dated 25 and 26 June have been paid. CSA said that they are not working on dates but on transaction types when I questioned why a S/O dated 26 June was taken from my account, yet the lodgment of my wages of 25 June are still not there. I think the CSAs have given up at this point and are not making excuses and who can blame them...

Following statement on AnytimeBanking might explain why some folk weren't able to log in earlier today. Don't know why it's only today that most of us are seeing payments hitting our account seeing as they have been working on this for over 2 weeks now but I guess it's at last starting to look like progress.

Customer Information

**NEW**
Many customers should see an improved position on their accounts today, with account transactions continuing to update. As we work through the backlog you should see your account balances continuing to update over the coming week.

Our Internet Banking and our Smart Phone Apps are available to allow you to view your accounts, make transfers and pay bills. However, your statements and balance will reflect the delay and may not be up to date. As we update our systems there may be times when the service is temporarily unavailable, if this happens please try again later.

I have just been on to KBC Customer Services, who assure me (!) that they have not removed their banking from Ulster Bank. We pay by standing order on a fortnightly basis into the KBC Account in the Ulster Bank, in Dame St. The KBC Customer Service person was able to check the current status of our account, and tell me that the payment for 14th June went through, but that the one for 28th had not. I was assured that there would be no problem with our mortgage account and that once UB had updated all outstanding transactions, our payment on 28th would in fact be posted to show 28th, and not the date when the payment issue is resolved.

This is probably affecting Credit Unions throughout the country as well.
All financial institutions have to use one of the six clearing institutions in the country for cheques and transfers and a high percentage of Credit Unions use UBL.

Sorry for any confusion on my KBC post, I was just repeating what was said to me. Anyway, it is just new wire details for deposits and not wire details for mortgages. Posts cleaned up/edited for clarity.

The problems continue.

Mortgages have been deducted twice from some Ulster Bank accounts.

The bank confirmed to Mortgage Solutions that a number of accounts have had duplicate payments taken, but that the bank would refund any money as soon as possible.

The lender also said that it would continue to refund any charges and fines incurred due to its systems failure.

It urges all NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank mortgage customers to check their accounts and to contact the bank immediately if any extra payments are found to have been taken.

BBC: Ulster Tell Bride that 5,000 GBP is "somewhere" in the system.

A bride-to-be has said she been left unable to pay for her wedding because Ulster Bank says the £5,000 she paid in has disappeared.

Sarah Copeland is due to get married in three weeks.

She had saved the money to pay for wedding costs but was left shocked when the bank initially said it had no record of the deposit.

Ms Copeland said Ulster Bank said the money is "somewhere in the system" but they are not sure where.

I seem to have been locked out completely from my online banking now. I guess it's possible I entered the wrong details - although I'm not convinced. Anyone else found themselves locked to - allegedly due to incorrect login details?

There seems to be no issues with Ulster Bank to Ulster Bank transfers where both accounts are in the same ownership.

that seems to be the case, I did a transfer last week and it showed up instantly and money was available at atm.

Did another today and it shows up but haven't drawn on it yet.

I found the same thing today also, first time ever locked out, so maybe not coincidence. I needed my account number to re-set it, as Im on e-statements, couldnt remember the details.
Anyway, called the helpdesk number and was sorted out.

my salary or mileage payments from last thursday still havent come through, but my iPhone app allowed me to transfer money to my MBNA credit card and RBS mortgage today so its slowly returning to normal........

Hubby's pension in, mine not! Rental income not in yet! At the same time, no deductions for mortgage, although Vodafone monthly bill deducted! Don't understand the logic in their recovery of the payment system. All credit card usages totally up to date - last payment for credit card not on system. Baffling!!!

Wages appeared today but I think only for 1 week so 1 week missing(No surprise there really!!). Transactions still not updated though, but progress I guess, sooner this is sorted the better so I can move away from these chancers.

Day 15.

I am still waiting for 5 of 6 Ulster Bank cash movements, all of which should have taken place last week.

Irish Times: RBS Sources: Could be Monday July 16th, at the earliest, before the backlog of transactions is cleared.

[broken link removed]
It could be Monday, July 16th at the earliest before the backlog of transactions is cleared, said sources. The bank is still trying to determine the exact timing of when the problems would be fixed.

Ulster Bank declined to provide any further update on when the issues would be fully resolved. RBS said the problems at the bank could continue into next week.

Chief executive of the Irish bank Jim Brown had said last week that the problems should be rectified by the start of this week.

The further delays have been attributed to the slow processing of daily transactions from last week that should in normal circumstances have taken between six and 12 hours to complete but are taking 24 hours due to technical problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back