Ulster Bank overcharged credit card customers

DublinTexas

can edit posts
Ulster Bank overcharged credit card customers:

According to a message on my online banking:

"Under the E.C. (Payment Services) Regulations 2009, which came into force on 1st November 2009, we must ensure that payments to Ulster Bank Credit Cards via Ulster Bank Anytime Banking are given same day value & made available immediately for withdrawal. We are currently unable to provide this service but you will be able to access these funds 3 business days after the transaction date. We are obliged to refund excess charges and interest. If you have made an online or telephone payment using Anytime Banking to your Ulster Bank Credit Card since 1st November 2009, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund of debit interest and/or an over limit fee. You can call Ulster Bank at 1890 924 257 or write to us at UB Cards, PO Box 4015, Dublin 2 to request a refund."

But this time they require the customer to contact them.

Have just spotted the same thing this morning. Surely it should be up to the bank to refund any overcharge automatically, in the same way MBNA have done recently. It shouldn't depend on whether people contact them.

Has anyone managed to get a refund in relation to this - or even know how to find out if you are due a refund? I rang up only to be told it was up to me to figure out if I was due a refund and by how much - but I don't have the first clue about how to figure this out! As Celt07 states, should the onus not be on UB to figure this out and automatically refund customers?

Im going to just send in the payment slip on the bottom of statement as ask them in writing am i due a refund as cannot understand how id be able to work out if id be due anything, let them work it out!

My understanding is that The Financial Regulator is on the case with respect to Ulster and rightly so.

Back