UK VAT but no EU exempt

marcin

Hi All,

I got a message from 123-reg.com (UK) that their invoices (for domain) will include UK VAT as the service is done in the UK then as a service provided in the UK the supplier must always charge VAT regardless of where the customer is from. Only VAT on goods actually imported from the UK can be exempt from VAT.

My question is simple. What do I do with this VAT in my books and in VAT 3 return?

And this time I will not forget:
- I'm Soletrader
- Registered for VAT
- They won't change their mind and will charge me UK VAT
- Thank you!

You have to complete a UK VAT Form 65 and send the completed form together with copies of the invoices to HMRC in Derry

[broken link removed]

Sorry - should have said that the UK VAT doesn't go on your Irish VAT return - it will be disallowed if you try to claim it.

If the company are supplying you with a "Fourth Schedule Service" they should by applying a zero rate of VAT as you are both VAT registered businesses within the EU.

Fourth Schedule Services include electronically supplied services.

Below is a link to the Revenue site explaining this further. There is also a summary table at the bottom of the link.

[broken link removed]

Well, they sent me a ong explonation that some Engish Reguator decided that they should add VAT. And they won't change that position no mather what i say or do.

So my question regarding this Form 65 is:
Do I really need to do this. It's few cents really, I don't want to calim this vat back. I don't need it:)

It's crazy, few cents and so much paper work...

Leave the UK-Vat-inclusive cost in your accounts. It will lower your Irish Corporation tax, but not by much, if it's only a few cents.

Back