UK State Pension - finding their online system difficult to navigate

Hi Folks. Where am I going wrong with this? Cannot progress as have no UK passport etc. Help much appreciated. James.

Hi Danny. Thank you for answering. Yes I have a biometric passport but phone does not have NFC. I did NFC check.

I had the exact same issue trying to use Gov. UK website. . Unfortunately having spoken with their help desk, I was told
if you do not have a current UK passport , Current UK driving licence etc. as currently the UK government can't verify any non UK documentation irrespective of their website asking initially for UK or other International Passport and the only alternative they suggest is to do manual forms and send them in.

Yes, did all of that but no joy, Didn't work after numerous tries so I gave up on it.
Their helpful team said they had no idea if the UK now that they are out of the EEC , will ever be able to integrate the use of non UK passports in order for people to be able to fully access UK Gov services.. Got the Gateway number etc. and got so far but it kept stalling once the picture was done.
Alternative suggestions were if you have a recent loan in the UK they could do a credit check on you and you could use that as part of the verification process. I didn't fit that criteria so no joy there I'm afraid

Yes, did all of that but no joy, Didn't work after numerous tries so I gave up on it.
Their helpful team said they had no idea if the UK now that they are out of the EEC , will ever be able to integrate the use of non UK passports in order for people to be able to fully access UK Gov services.. Got the Gateway number etc. and got so far but it kept stalling once the picture was done.
Alternative suggestions were if you have a recent loan in the UK they could do a credit check on you and you could use that as part of the verification process. I didn't fit that criteria so no joy there I'm afraid
My sympathies to you but can't really understand why you are having this problem. I used my Irish biometric passport for the process and it worked no problem whatsoever.

Worked for me with an Irish biometric passport.

I agree with Partnership. It took about 10 attempts to get the photo just right but patience was eventually rewarded.

I'd tried it at least 5+ times and no joy. I'll ask a friend and see if I have better luck with their help. Thanks for the advice.

I'd tried it at least 5+ times and no joy. I'll ask a friend and see if I have better luck with their help. Thanks for the advice.
Registration isn't essential; whilst its useful for information & updates, you still need to apply via the CF83 form.

So focus on getting that filled out & in the post.

Hi Folks,

Quick one on the registration, trying to register my wife but I suspect the issue we are encountering is that all documentation is now in her married name while her UK registration is all in her maiden name. Unfortunately we seem to be in a catch 22 situation as it says to change a name you need to use the app which requires you to be verified by ID.

Has anyone managed to change their name and if so what is the process??

Hi Folks,

Quick one on the registration, trying to register my wife but I suspect the issue we are encountering is that all documentation is now in her married name while her UK registration is all in her maiden name. Unfortunately we seem to be in a catch 22 situation as it says to change a name you need to use the app which requires you to be verified by ID.

My wife was in the same position. She rang the UK Pension Helpline, +44 191 218 7777, and told them that her UK National Insurance record was under her maiden name. Her passport was in her married name. They asked her a couple of security questions, including last UK address, and changed the details over the phone.
A couple of days later, she was able to register on the UK Gateway website, using her Irish Passport.

It did take about 45 minutes, on hold, waiting to speak to someone, but well worth it. She just received confirmation of Class 2 contributions, for the last 16 years.

Hi Folks,

I also encountered this problem. I phoned to try to update the surname but they refused to do it over the phone. They gave me this address:

Pay As You Earn Self Assessment
HM Revenue & Customs
BX9 1ES

and asked that I write to confirm the updated details. It took a couple of months for the records to be updated but as soon as they were amended, the government gateway could be accessed.

Cannot link the GOV.UK ID Check app on phone when logged into my gateway. The QR code is nowhere to be seen on the website. The app needs to be linked first before I can do the passport verification. Can anyone help thanks

Trying to help a fried who lives in a different part of the country to figure out his UK pension entitlements. He does not have access to a computer and will find registering on the site and providing proof of identity impossible to complete. I can not really help him remotely. Is there a postal address that he can use to determine his pension status. Is there a paper form he can fill out. Or an email address he can send his query to?

Thanks

Back