UK citizen applying for Irish citizenship

Carnmore

*Note to Mods: If incorrect forum, please move*

Has anyone with UK citizenship living in Ireland applied for Irish citizenship?

The applicant has lived in Ireland most of their life, was married to an Irish citizen and has adult children who are Irish citizens.

The form Application by a person of full age for naturalisation as an Irish citizen seems to be aimed at someone who has relatively recently taken up residence in Ireland e.g. three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed.

The applicant does not have these proofs but has been resident for circa thirty years.

Has anyone made a similar application or know of someone who has?

Thanks in advance

The form Application by a person of full age for naturalisation as an Irish citizen seems to be aimed at someone who has relatively recently taken up residence in Ireland e.g. three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed.

The applicant does not have these proofs but has been resident for circa thirty years.

No proof of residence *at all*? No letter from the tax office, bank statement, insurance claim/policy, credit card, phone, or electricity bill, etc.?
You won't need one for every single year I'd say unless there is a doubt that the person did in fact live here during the duration.

No proof of residence *at all*? No letter from the tax office, bank statement, insurance claim/policy, credit card, phone, or electricity bill, etc.?
You won't need one for every single year I'd say unless there is a doubt that the person did in fact live here during the duration.

Yes but not three for each year

Look at the price first. It will cost you €175 to apply for naturalisation and if successful €950 for your certificate, that is €2200 for my self and wife even though I have lived in Ireland 36 he and have 2 sons born here. If you are a refugee it cost nothing

Can you claim refugee status based on a reasonable fear of persecution, loss of rights as an EU citizen, from Brexit :D

Back