UK access bank account

kamakaze J

I could be going to the UK in 3-6months for work so wondering if I set up an account with NUK (Ireland) will I be able to access that easily from the UK.

At present I will probably just set up a 1 year fixed account as my INBS account is due to mature soon but before I go I presume the best thing to do would then be to open up an easy access account also and use that for spending money/rent/wages etc.

I see you can access the easy access acc online, just wondering if ye know if they give out atm cards also?

Edit: Sorry- probably should have put this in the banking thread not deposits.

[broken link removed] I'm guessing

It says in the T&C's "If you cease to be a resident of the Republic of Ireland, you agree to notify us. In this event, the account will be closed and the balance returned to you."

Best bet would be to call them and discuss for a definitive answer.

I could be going to the UK in 3-6months for work so wondering if I set up an account with NUK (Ireland) will I be able to access that easily from the UK.

No. Online only. You will not be able to do an international transfer either.

You will need to keep both a NUK account open (if they will let you) and also a current account that allows international transfers such as PTSB.

Thanks for replies.

Didn't know about the NUK T&C's, better check that out alright.

PTSB are just in Ireland ya? I have a current acc with AIB so I assume I can do international transfers from them ya?

After looking into the UK current acc I'd need at bit more I think Llyods looks like what I'm after. Do ye know if I can open an account with them from Ireland and transfer money in from AIB?

Back