Uileann piper

wigwammer

Hi
I'm getting married in less than 6 weeks and my piper has cancelled. Can anyone give feedback on a piper called Brian gallagher from Mayo , if they've had him for any ceremony or get together.

I'm dublin based so before I travel 4hours to hear this guy I want to know if it will be worth my time.
Cheers

Wigwarmer,

There is another piper called Brendan Begley living in Clonbur, Co.Galway if you are interested.

Or contact your local branch of ceomhaltas ceoiltoiri eireann, CCE, and get a list of local registered pipers from them. The Pipers Club used to be in Thomas Street, go over and listen to them.

Thanks Guys for your quick response.

I'm going to Mayo end of feb but I guess if he's gawdawful I'm left with v little time to get someone else, so was just looking for feedback on same guy.

Thanks for your suggestions, I certailnly will be following them up.

Our original piper was amazing - even had CD of music form Galway Cathedral but unfortunately for us he's playing in the States for Paddy's and has been asked to stay longer, meaning he is not about for our wedding.

Someone has organised Brian as replacement for us - just wanted to get some firsthand feedback.

Re listening over the phone....I think that might be a disadvantage for the poor guy - Pipes down the phone could be very scary! Am searchin the net for some clips tho.

Cheers all

Could he not audition over the phone or internet?

He could video himself and put it on Youtube perhaps ?, or just e-mail it to you

Back