UB Tracker Mover product

mossfitzg1

Hi There,

I've been on here before about moving home and keeping my tracker with UB, albeit at their new 10 year deal of ECB + 2 to 2.5 per cent depending on LTV

However after contacting UB it seems this deal is not as attractive as it seems . According to UB, their deal for tracker movers is not ECB + 2 or 2.5 per cent but rather YOUR EXISTING TRACKER RATE + 2 or 2.5 PERCENT.

In other words , your new rate will be 3 to 3.5 percent for 10 years before reverting to SVR.

Yes its slightly less than you might pay on a new mortgage , but its nothing like as attractive as your old tracker rate.

Worth Considering

Moss

Are you sure? Quoting their website:
"You cannot transfer your existing tracker rate to your new home, however you can choose our 10 year European Central Bank (ECB) tracker rate of ECB+2.00% (3.3% APR variable) for loan amounts up to your current level of tracker borrowings."
That's pretty clear.

Beware the uninformed UB staff. I have had to explain simple aspects of this product to some of them when inquiring about it, and have been given incorrect info. So you may have been misinformed.

The website is absolutely clear. It's ECB +2% for 10 years.

That is still a great deal. If you have a low LTV, the Ulster Bank mortgage rates for any extra money borrowed are reasonable. If you are borrowing more than €250k and your LTV is less than 80%, then their rate is very good.

Brendan

I have absolutely no idea.

They had a more generous one and revised it about a year ago. I suspect that they probably won't change it, but I don't really know.

Brendan

Back