UB Mortgage - This months payment not yet debited

Past30Now

My mortgage usually comes out of my current account on the first working day of the month. Both my mortgage and my current account are with UB. It hasn't been debited yet. There was and continues to be more than enough funds in the account to meet the payment.

Anybody else heard of a similar issue? Is this a SEPA issue? Should I be contacting UB or is it a bit early?

Yep. Mine hasn't come out yet. Havent had any other issue with other direct debits. Was hoping it was a free month! :)

mine was late last month with haven - I put it down to sepa.
I look after the dd payments in my job and it had to be put through 6 working days before the due date in order to come out on time so I'm guessing they didn't and that caused a few days delay on it.

Hi all
spoke with Ulster Bank on this issue today and was told it relates to the new SEPA arrangement but that all accounts are showing as paid on their system and will only appear as a non payment if the direct debit does not get paid so there should be no issues regarding credit ratings etc. Expect the payment to hit all accounts either tomorrow or at the latest Friday according to Ulster bank. Hope this clarifies the situation
Padraic

I also called Ulster Bank today as my mortgage payment is deducted from my BofI account on the 1st of every month.

They advised that it was a SEPA issue affecting only some mortgage payments from mid February to early this month.

They advised that it should be sorted and payment taken from my account by Monday at the latest.

Our UB mortgage payment was taken overnight when it should have been on Monday. I would say the delays will shake out of the system in the next 24 hours...

Our UB payment was made by debit card on Saturday 1st as it is every month because they screwed up the DD amounts repeatedly until we cancelled it last year.

It went out today - turns out they had been presenting it every month despite our payments being made and despite our cancelling it.

It has been recalled. Again.

Our UB payment was made by debit card on Saturday 1st as it is every month because they screwed up the DD amounts repeatedly until we cancelled it last year.

It went out today - turns out they had been presenting it every month despite our payments being made and despite our cancelling it.

It has been recalled. Again.

Similar problem here, UB have reapplied for and debited an old, long cancelled DD. How do they get away with this stuff? If I take your money out of your account without permission or paperwork I'd probably get arrested, they don't even apologise!

Hi Magpie - I saw your other thread too, perhaps they should be merged?

The person I spoke to in UB (senior complaints manager) told me that they had in fact been presenting the DD every month since I cancelled it and that AIB had prevented them from "pulling" the money from my account. I told her that I had sent them a copy of the letter to AIB cancelling it and was advised to send them another letter cancelling it again, basically because they didn't bother reading it last time.

AIB confirmed that they would have rejected the DD attempts each month but that because the sepa system uses a different "door" to access the accounts UB bypassed their refusal. AIB are in the process of refunding the amount.

Bronte asked on the other thread how you blacklist a DD originator - the person in AIB gave me a form to fill out which has various levels of restriction for all DD originators or certain ones or indeed amounts above a certain level. Ask BoI for one.

I still haven't had a response (other than "thank you for your patience while I investigate") to my letter of complaint last November about their wrong DDs but AIB person said I can go to the ombudsman without a final response if they take more than 40 days. The ombudsman is so slow I've decided to give the new Complaints Manager 2 more weeks before going that route - she might be better than the last one!

I think they need to either clean up their act or hire a few hundred more Complaints managers.

My mortgage usually comes out of my current account on the first working day of the month. Both my mortgage and my current account are with UB. It hasn't been debited yet. There was and continues to be more than enough funds in the account to meet the payment.

Anybody else heard of a similar issue? Is this a SEPA issue? Should I be contacting UB or is it a bit early?

As advised by Padkiss, the funds came out yesterday.

Thanks guys

Well they took it but they have taken the wrong amount <sigh> so I am going to have to start calling them on Monday. The joys!

I also called Ulster Bank today as my mortgage payment is deducted from my BofI account on the 1st of every month.

They advised that it was a SEPA issue affecting only some mortgage payments from mid February to early this month.

They advised that it should be sorted and payment taken from my account by Monday at the latest.

Yep, mine came out yesterday too.....I'll be watching like a hawk from now on ;)

Mine came out yesterday, had a different text than usual and the amount is off. Typical UB joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back