Tyre Pressure

Ned_ie

Hi

Anyone know of a site where I can check the correct tyre pressure for my car?

Thanks

N

What is the make and model of your car and what size of tyres do you have? You can generally find the correct pressure for your tyres inside the flap for your fuel tank or in your manual. Any filling station would tell you either.

The min. pressure should be stated at the car. Either at the drivers door (inside!) or at the tank lid cover as Ribena stated. Always keep in mind that the pressure stated there is the minimum pressure, to drive energy wise put another 0.5 bar extra into the tires. The less surface touches the tarmac the cheaper is the driving i.e. the petrol consumption due to less friction. And the tyres last longer as well.

heinbloed said:
Always keep in mind that the pressure stated there is the minimum pressure, to drive energy wise put another 0.5 bar extra into the tires. The less surface touches the tarmac the cheaper is the driving i.e. the petrol consumption due to less friction. And the tyres last longer as well.

Don't agree heinbloed - the tyre pressures are set by the car manufacturer - overinflated tyres will increase tyre wear (in the centre area of the tyre) distroy the handling and ride comfort, and more importantly could prove to be very dangerous in the event of having to break hard or swerve to avoid a collision.

X-Man said:
it states the TP on the actual tyre itself.

This is the maximum inflated pressure the tyre is designed to withstand. Not what you should inflate to as a matter of course. Just refer to the owner manual or wall charts in the garages

Ned_ie said:
Hi

Anyone know of a site where I can check the correct tyre pressure for my car?

Thanks

N

Scroll down the page in here and you should find what you are after.

:eek:
celsius said:
This is the maximum inflated pressure the tyre is designed to withstand. Not what you should inflate to as a matter of course. Just refer to the owner manual or wall charts in the garages

Have already checked the manual that came with the car. Unfortunately, when I bought the car, they had to make some modification which inclyuded the tyres and wheels. As a result the manual was not changed. The manual has the tp for a r15 while mine are r16's.

Had a look at that site too demoivre - it's not fantastic as it only has the basic tyres not anything extra.

So it's back to square 1!

Check the tyre, on most tyres in small print it should say what pressure will apply.

To Celsius: The pressure given by the car manufacturers is the MIN. pressure. Not the optimum. No harm to put 0.5 bar extra into. Check the info's provided by the car manufacturers, there are also different pressures given for "empty" cars and fully loaded cars. The AA says as well that putting an extra 0.5 bar into the tires is no harm, it benefits the tires because they last longer. The softer they are the more they are kneaded, making the rubber soft/weak and hot due to incresaed movement and therefore increase abrasion. Think logically.Try a hard eraser versus a soft erasor (blue/red).
You aren't selling tires ,are you? (smiley)

Many of the pressure gauges in garages are faulty. Get readings in more than one place!

[quote=heinbloed No harm to put 0.5 bar extra into. Check the info's provided by the car manufacturers, there are also different pressures given for "empty" cars and fully loaded cars.

Hi Heibloed - No issue with different pressures for different loads - makes perfect sense as long as you stay within the manufacturers guidelines. Can't see why anyone would decide to overinflate the tyres by another 0.5 bar..am really surprised that the AA would suggest this as a good idea!
PS : no interest in tyre business!!

There are courses held on how to drive fuel/cost efficient. These are offered to professional drivers and to private drivers as well by the various automobile associations and private instructors around the world. It is ALWAYS the first step to put a half bar more into the tire then the min. pressure. Phone the AA for information on such a course. Up to 30% of fuel can be saved by better driving, most drivers can save about 20 % after such a course.
"Can't see ..... why the AA would suggest this a good idea!" You mean this sarcastical?! I know they're the speaking organ of the automobile industry, I never heard them saying that their clientel is causing a global collaps of civilisation and they (the organisation) are making a good living on that fact.Those who pay for the band decide what tunes are played.
Check this page on a few tips:

Back