Two weeks in Vancouver

suki

Hi, Does anyone know what time of year it would be cheapest to go to Vancouver, and anyone know any good hotel deals? Thanks in advance

I stayed in the Blue Horizon hotel this summer. Can't remember how much I paid but I remember it was good value comparitively. It's right in the centre of town, close to shops and Stanley Park, which is a must-see. Get a room close to the top for the views - it's a high-rise.
Not sure when would be cheapest, though.

bear in mind if you are thinking about next year, the winter olympics start in Vancouver in Feb 2010, so I would imagine, rates will be high in the run up and during the games

Went to Canada for 3 weeks in early May 2000 and travelled from Toronto to Calgary to Vancover, found this a great time to visit and very reasonable as it is deemed shoulder season between the ski-ing and sun holidaymakers. Can't remember where we stayed in Vancover except it was near Stanley Park which as Pavlov says is a must see.

Cheapest times of the year to visit Vancouver are

mid-March to end of April

and

October to November.

Cruiseship season from May to September keeps hotels busy in summer and wintersports season from December thru February keeps them busy in Winter.

Back