two bedroom apartment in donnybrook

brendanyumo

We're going to view an affordable apartment in Donnybrook.What questions should we ask and what things to look out for? Would the management fees be high and would someone buying under the affordable scheme have to pay the same fees as everybody else in the complex? Thanks

You first have to ask yourself if are you willing to move from a house to an apartment, regardless if its affordable or not. There are many advantages (e.g. lower heating bills,less maintenance) and disadvantages (e.g. no garden,shared entrance to building,maintenance fees) to living in an apartment. If you are happy to do this, then look at the area. Donnybrook is in one of the wealthiest suburbs in dublin. It imho is streets ahead of ballyfermot in terms of location, property quality and amenities. With regards to the actual affordable housing process, you havent stated if its AH Scheme or AH Initiative. My guess is its AHI. If you feel you will be approved to buy the property, ensure you are well aware of all the regulations and rules relating to this process. It is a bit of a minefield but there are numerous threads here dealing with the subject. Be aware of what %clawback you will be liable to if you sell it within 20 years etc. Look at the relevant county council website SDCC id say and go from there!

Lots of info here. My guess is that the management fees probably will be significant and you will probably not get an AH discount on them. But ask the Council.

really helpful advice and info.Thanks to all.

What exactly do you get for large management fees? Thanks Swordshead and Brooklyn for your valuable input.

Generally maintenance fees cover building maintenance,lighting, ground maintenance, window washing, car park maintenance etc

Generally maintenance fees cover building maintenance,lighting, ground maintenance, window washing, car park maintenance etc

The management fee/charge for an apartment complex will typically include buildings insurnce as well.

Donnybrook is in one of the wealthiest suburbs in dublin. It imho is streets ahead of ballyfermot in terms of location, property quality and amenities.
I know both areas, I think your underlying message is that it is a wealthier area, Donnybrook does not have what could considered neighbourhood amenities no proper supermarket, health centre, swimming pool, library, parking is a nightmare. It is a place people live but by necessity travel outside of to avail of what is taken for granted in most suburbs.

I know both areas, I think your underlying message is that it is a wealthier area, Donnybrook does not have what could considered neighbourhood amenities no proper supermarket, health centre, swimming pool, library, parking is a nightmare. It is a place people live but by necessity travel outside of to avail of what is taken for granted in most suburbs.
Tesco Merrion is 5 mins up the road, theres health centres in sandymount and ucd, swimming pool also in sandymount and 10-15mins either direction ballsbridge and stillorgan! Yeh parking is a pain..on the main street..but no doubt if you get an apartment there'll be spaces provided! I know where id be picking to live...

Tesco Merrion is 5 mins up the road, theres health centres in sandymount and ucd, swimming pool also in sandymount and 10-15mins either direction ballsbridge and stillorgan! Yeh parking is a pain..on the main street..but no doubt if you get an apartment there'll be spaces provided! I know where id be picking to live...

As per my post, nothing in Donnybrook

Donnybrook Fair supermarket,chippers,bank,3 pubs, curves fitness centre, delicatessen,numerous restaurants,clothes shop,shoemakers,pharmacy,chartbusters,petrol station...would do me!!It is only a village remember!

Donnybrook is probably the best location in Dublin.It has the best bus service.It's Close to the city.Great schools.Nice people.Couldn't ask for more.Great place to raise a family.

Back