Tv3 Overseas Property Show

MUNSTER

I understand that the above new show on TV3 (which I haven't managed to catch yet, but saw bits on the website) charges pretty astronomical fees to developers/estate agents to showcase their wares. Surely the great unwashed will watch this show for some pointers and end up once again being fed a completely biased promotion by those who probably overcharge hugely to be able to fund the showcase in the first place......This is just another rant I know but surely these types of shows should by their very nature be somewhat independent??? This is not unlike my other pet hate, journalists who will print completely unbiased articles (often with widely exaggerated claims) - which once again the general public are inclined to accept as a balanced article......

Yes, I watched one of them and it was an advertorial. I am surprised that they don't have to make it known that this is a paid programme. You might check with the Broadcasting Complaints Commission

Brendan

Yes, I watched one of them and it was an advertorial. I am surprised that they don't have to make it known that this is a paid programme. You might check with the Broadcasting Complaints Commission

Brendan

Haven't seen the programme myself but didn't <snip> get into trouble with the BCC for doing the same thing; taking money from "contributors" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Munster, you are 100% correct..its a half hour ad. It is awful as well, more of a travel show/ property advert than an overseas property show.

Munster, you are 100% correct..its a half hour ad. It is awful as well, more of a travel show/ property advert than an overseas property show.

Watched it last week and said the exact same thing, didn't even bother watching this weeks 'advert'.

Yep unbelieveable 30 minute advert and not a very good one at that.

Sounded like the developers told them exactly what to say aswell..

Couldnt even watch the whole show it was soooo bad..

I saw it last night and was truly shocked - Bulgaria it was on and the prices were astonomicial. Okay they looked like superb apartments but comparing the other prices bandied it can only be called robbery.

Quoting the developers as selling to people who only want to resell i.e. for capital gains leading people up the garden path.

Would anyone on AAM really pay €990,000 for a 3 bedroom apartment in Varna or €188,000 for an 2 bed not sure of town.

Nearly funny

Certainly reading the various threads on AAM about investing in Bulgaria gave me a much clearer sense of the property market there than this TV programme. It was definitely one sided without a negative comment in sight. Even down to the female presenter who had a "Harry met Sally" type moment when she tasted some fish in a fish restaurant in last weeks programme.

Would anyone on AAM really pay €990,000 for a 3 bedroom apartment in Varna or €188,000 for an 2 bed not sure of town.
Is that a typo?? 990k for an apt? I knew Bulgaria had gone mad but that's completely insane:eek:

I was flabbergasted by the price of 990k in Varna too at 500 euro a sq.ft.

Presenter got it wrong when she said 280 days of sunshine a year.

Unless she was adding in the Winter sun of course.

The prices that came up for the 5 star Sunset Resort were incorrect - too low and represented another development being the Aheloy Development.

I have bought in Bulgaria and although the apartments looked good I did'nt like the program and presume all programs in the series are the same and I would imagine developers are paying big money to air their wares.

The prices are pretty high for involvement in the show, which is self financing, thus the high enders go in for it. But remember, according to tv, you can still get a waterfront apartment in "Dubrovnik" for under 100k and Croatia still has countless fixer upper stone houses on the beach, or with a stunning sea view, all for under 60k. Now if anyone wants shares in the M50 I'm sure there'll be some for sale somewhere!

As others have pointed out, this programme is largely a promo job and has little or no objective comment in it.

The strange thing is, lot of people will believe this garbage, and programmes like ths will continue to provide a comfort factor for buyers who have bought or continue to buy badly. A bit like reading the property pages of the Sunday Indo or some of the other sunday broadsheets, this is just a part of an industry that bombards would-be buyers with a never-ending sales pitch.

The only issue that we shoud be surprised about is that this programme would have any crediblity at all!

I watched it for the first time last night and had I not known the title of the programme I could easily have mistaken it for a Harry Corry (or similar ) advert which had been accidently replaying itself...quite an extensive range of bed linen on display!

I believe they charge €15,000 for a slot on this show- this is pretty expensive advertising therefore the developers want to get all they can for there money!

Back