TV on chimney breast - where do wires go?

Jewel

We are putting our TV on the chimney breast - the socket will be on the chimney, so the power cable will be hidden behind the TV.
But, if we want to connect in a DVD player , where do the wires go? I don't want them hanging down looking unsightly.

Would be interested in thoughts from anyone who has the TV up on the wall like this.

Why not just cut the DVD wire to the required length and then reattach the plug, thus eliminating the unsightly hanging wire.

Why not just cut the DVD wire to the required length and then reattach the plug, thus eliminating the unsightly hanging wire.

Sorry for being thick, but I don't get what you mean. :confused:
The TV is up high on the wall... the DVD player is nearby... the wires have to go between the DVD player and the TV, so cutting them short will just mean that the wire is not draping down, but it'll still travel across the wall.
Yes? Or, am I missing something?

There is wireless AV senders you can buy for this. Have a look at argos.ie

and the quality on those is rubbish, forget about using an xbox or ps3 or any decent dvd player with them. also they are pretty big so moutning one behnind a tv is going to push the tv a long way out from the wall

usual approach is to chase a channel in the wall for the cables and replaster, you can leave a bit of conduit in the wall to allow adding of future cables, but at a miniumum would be looking at running 2*hdmi, 1* coax if your tv has a dvb-t tuner, plus an optical if your tv has optical out. possibly even scart if you have old gear that only ues scart to hook up

Mossy,
Roughly what size of conduit would I need to insert in the wall channel to hold the cables you mentioned above ?

Thxs
Jewel

Back