TUPE- Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employees

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

My company has recently been taken over by a much bigger firm. I am trying to ascertain what my entitlements are under TUPE. One of the issues that seems to be causing a lot of frustration amongst employees - after all the basics have been negotiated/discussed- is the topic of company cars and car allowances. My former company provided a fuel card which covered the "purchase of all fuel for your vehicle" . The new company will simply calculate your fuel spend in the last year and give you a monthly average. This means that in the event of you changing your car, say to one with a bigger engine, your fuel spend will increase. This will also be the case if you change your address, or if you have to travel to the new company site which is much further than the previous one.
The understanding is that the fuel card is a flexible benefit that covers your fule consumption irrespectively of your circumstances. However, the new company are simply "freezing" this benefit and giving it a set value.
This may seem slightly petty- but when a few other of your benefits are also being threaten, well... every penny counts!
Can anybody comment? Thanks for your help!

Re: Tupe

Did the former company pay for the fuel relating to personal travel in your car?

Re: Tupe

This will also be the case if you change your address,
Don't understand this bit?

You could get a Prius, which is half-electric. Then you'd spend less of your monthly allowance and keep the rest. Of course, you'd be stuffed the following year!

Seriously though, I can't see how they cannot pay you legitimate expenses. You could be a bit cheeky and when you monthly allowance runs out, start taking taxis at the company's expense!!

Back