Tumble dryer - what type?

Does anyone with a heat pump dryer, but clothes directly from the washing machine into the dryer?

Basically want to avoid adding an extra step to the washing process.

Does anyone with a heat pump dryer, but clothes directly from the washing machine into the dryer?

That's what I am doing. I guess for me that's the point of a dryer - Washing machine -> dryer -> ([eventually] ironing) -> wardrobe

We got a new one last year, a heat pump model. We previously had a condenser, and i am not a fan, a lot of moisture in the utility room, so wanted an alternative.

We were going to go with the one that outlets the moisture through the usual hole in the wall, but then came across one, that outflows the water through a narrow tube, which you place into the same outflow pipe as the washing machine. It only works if the 2 units are stacked, or, side by side. The dryyer is a Bosch Serie 6. Its A++ rated, very quiet, and all moisture is outflowed, so no moisture now anymore in the utility room, and no more emptying containers. It was pricey enough, but very happy with it.

Yes I usually put them straight in. Very rarely with towels I might hang them out overnight and then put them in the dryer in the morning, but more often than not they go straight from one to the other.

Has anyone ever tried drying indoors with a dehumidifier?
I have done it on occasion, with walking/biking clothes. The dehumidifier we have has a clothes setting so it's obviously designed as a function.
You have to empty the water out of the tray, or you can route it to a sink if you are doing it in the utility room.
Model of dehumidifier is Ecoair DD1 classic MK5.
I don't know if I'd do it regularly, as I suspect it's not very efficient, and we have a condenser washer/dryer anyway.

Has anyone ever tried drying indoors with a dehumidifier?

I use a dehumidifier, but I bought it for mould prevention rather than to dry the clothes quicker.

Before the dehumidifier I found I was getting black mould along the walls in any rooms I was drying clothes in. No reoccurrence since I got the dehumidifier and the clothes do dry quicker too.

It does need emptied regularly though, if I put laundry out in the morning and turn the dehumidifier on, the water container will need emptied by the afternoon. There is an option to drain them externally, but its not something I looked into. Another thing to consider is that they're not meant to be placed against a wall and are supposed to have clearance on all sides - something to consider if space is an option.

I also have a washer dryer, which drains into the normal waste pipe of the washing machine, but they're not known for reliability and the dryer part sadly gave up beyond repair a few months ago. I miss freshly tumble dried towels :(

I cannot agree with what Monbretia has heard from the sales person, this is incorrect information. A heat pump dryer generates heat and does not rely on temperature of the room.
A heat pump absolutely depends on the temperature of the room it's in. It takes heat from the surrounding air and uses the condenser to multiply this. A heat pump dryer operating in a cold room will be very inefficient, and may not be able to generate sufficient heat to dry the load. It's often recommended that they not be used if the ambient temperature in the room is less than 15C.

I have done it on occasion, with walking/biking clothes. The dehumidifier we have has a clothes setting so it's obviously designed as a function.
You have to empty the water out of the tray, or you can route it to a sink if you are doing it in the utility room.
Model of dehumidifier is Ecoair DD1 classic MK5.
I don't know if I'd do it regularly, as I suspect it's not very efficient, and we have a condenser washer/dryer anyway.
we have the same device and its used constantly, i am amazed at the amount of water we empty from it, its a great little thing.

Back