Truss - dictionary definition

This should be fun and entertaining. Might even match Boris for foot in mouth.

But you have to admit that she played a blinder in the leadership race and completely wrong-footed Sunak.

This should be fun and entertaining. Might even match Boris for foot in mouth.

But you have to admit that she played a blinder in the leadership race and completely wrong-footed Sunak.
Once the Tory press decided against Sunak he was toast. I think the "et tu Brute" accusation was a dagger in his chances. Even I, when I see Boris with his joking franglais, find it hard to picture him as a monster we are glad to be shot of. He is no Donald Trump.
And of course is the Tory membership really prepared for an Indian Hindu PM?

This one seems more apt for the long term...
A truss is an assembly of members such as beams, connected by nodes, that creates a rigid structure.

So the UK is all Trussed up... she's the winner with 57%.
Far lower than she expected. I suspect she lost those who waited until the end to cast their votes.

The question now is whether she will last longer than Boris. But even going on that as a barometer it looks like she'll be there for 3+ years.

Far lower than she expected. I suspect she lost those who waited until the end to cast their votes.

The question now is whether she will last longer than Boris. But even going on that as a barometer it looks like she'll be there for 3+ years.
The problem is that the Tories refuse to engage with reality and are pumped up on jingoistic nationalism. That's not a recipe for a productive relationship with the rest of the world.

Fintan O'Toole doesn't like her so that's possibly something in her favour... I say that as I experience the uncomfortable sensation I get when I agree with Fintan.

Absolutely.

The media anointed her favourite with the membership even before the final two were selected. Clearly she was not that far ahead of Sunak if at all. Being labelled favourite creates momentum, her win was a media confection.

Hard Brexiteer, former Chair of the ERG, and Agent Smith from the Matrix lookalike, Chris Heaton-Harris has been appointed Northern Ireland Secretary.

She'll have to go to the polls no later then Jan 25 so that's only just over 2 years away. If she can get through their current crisis and come out the other side ok then she'll have a chance but all the polls at the minute point at Labour getting back in. She's also not helped herself by splitting the party further with her cabinet appointments. There will always be sore losers but she's made a lot of enemies on Day 1

Off to a bad start with a blatantly discriminatory top team. Not a white man in sight! Not that Sunak would have been much better. Where has the Tory party of my youth gone?

New monarch and new prime minister in same week... I wonder if this is a first.
It seems that the Space-time continuum won't allow two Liz's to be in power at the same time in the same place. Kind of obvious in retrospect.

Back