TRS not changed to 30%

I'm with Ulster bank and I rang Revenue this morning and they said it will be in the second half of the year before the increase is implemented, as Revenue are having 'systems issues'.

Makes Noonan's big annoucement on budget day about helping hard pressed mortgage holders look very silly.

I'm with Ulster bank and I rang Revenue this morning and they said it will be in the second half of the year before the increase is implemented, as Revenue are having 'systems issues'.

Makes Noonan's big annoucement on budget day about helping hard pressed mortgage holders look very silly.

:confused:

How so, everyone is going to get their relief aren't they? Do you expect that he would / should have been able to foresee whatever systems issues Revenue have encountered? (My undestanding is that there's some sort of problems with the computer programming.)

And if he had known about them, would you rather if he'd decided not to bring in the extra relief...?

No pleasing some people...

Ulsterbank gave the same resoning for the delay in Implementing the changes when TRS was increased a couple of years ago.
At least then they send out letters that time to explain the delay and what would happen.

It does seem odd that no one in Ulsterbank can remember how to overcome similar problems just a couple of years later.

</rant>

How are Revenue having 'systems issues' if I have somehow managed to get my extra TRS from April? I'm with the EBS and they received the increased figures from Revenue already - why are Ulster Bank different?

How are Revenue having 'systems issues' if I have somehow managed to get my extra TRS from April? I'm with the EBS and they received the increased figures from Revenue already - why are Ulster Bank different?

I'd imagine there's some kind of software to software interface, given that you're talking about tens (or even hundreds), of thousands of individuals' information. So they may be able to get the Revenue system to talk to the EBS system more easily than they can with others..? (Does that even make any sense?!)

Mandelbrot, yes it kinda makes sense.
Just the answers from the banks just sound like lazy replies of "it's not our fault, blame the tax office".

I guess I am a lucky one then that the EBS and Revenue systems are speaking the same 'language' as such.

@Mandelbrot

I am only giving details of my experience with the Revenue. The minister offered extra relief for purchasers from '04 to '08 in his budget in Dec 11.
Now HIS department haven't gotten their act together to pass this benifit on to hard pressed taxpayers.

@Mandelbrot

I am only giving details of my experience with the Revenue. The minister offered extra relief for purchasers from '04 to '08 in his budget in Dec 11.
Now HIS department haven't gotten their act together to pass this benifit on to hard pressed taxpayers.

I have to disagree with this, I am with PTSB and like many others was told by my bank that it was Revenue's fault- on further investigation it turns out that it the individual banks who are at fault- and now in June eventually my TRS has been amended and backdated (Savind me over €280 p/m for the rest of the year).
After speaking with Revenue I called PTSB, and when they again gave me the "line" I quickly corrected them and they then admitted it was their systems!

@Mandelbrot

Are you going to get your relief, or not?! The answer is yes you are, and it will be backdated. It'll take as long as it takes to make the Revenue's and individual banks' systems communicate properly. And why is it taking so long - you may not have heard but theres been a near complete recruitment embargo, and policy of non replacement of staff, for several years now... Revenue did try to recruit people to work in their ICT division at the end of last year, but the payscale wasn't sufficiently attractive for them to be able to fill all the positions. (Seems not all public sector staff are overpaid then.)

allie12 has yours been amended already and can you see it on 24hour banking as mine has not changed ? Although the % value has changed the repayment amount has not.

I have neither received the 30% or the new interest rate !

PTSB told me it wont be until June for the 30% rate change - but that was only a preliminary date , that they were not fully sure when it will be implemented !

I don't understand how changing the value of a number can cause 5 months worth of effort to fix ! This is a software package -I doubt all these values are hard coded into the system, ideally this should be a simple change !

its not that simple,
they cant just change the number.
the banks all have many mortgage systems that they use.
and each system could work a different way to each other.
then when they actually have made the change on their testing mortgage systems they have to test that the numbers and calculations work the way they are expected to work, this would be tested over a few cycles ( months ) to make sure it runs well,
once the testing is done then they have to implement the changes to their live mortgage systems.

if only it were so easy, like people expect it to be.

Ulster Bank admitted to me that it was "their" system that was the problem! not revenues and that it would be October or November before it was sorted out.

I agrree with Djh that UB should issue a press release explaining the situation (They can no longer afford to send letters to all of us)

Could we/should we start a campaign for a puplic explaination from our banks on this issue?

Alexandra, the new figure of both the TRS and interest cut is available on my PTSB online open 24 account. My mortgage is due on the 4th of every month so it will take affect from my June repayment. What date does your mortgagego out? I also have their head wrecked calling every week asking when I will see the change so maybe that worked!! haha

Mine is due out on the 22nd....looks like another call is in order. It does not make sense that they can update one person and not another ....unless you have a different mortgage type than me ... I am on a SVR

You payment is due out on 22nd May, so therefore you will not see the changes until after the May payment. It will be reflected in your June repayment!

My next payment is due on 27th, interest rate has been updated on line but no change to payment due or TRS.

its not that simple,
they cant just change the number.
the banks all have many mortgage systems that they use.
and each system could work a different way to each other.
then when they actually have made the change on their testing mortgage systems they have to test that the numbers and calculations work the way they are expected to work, this would be tested over a few cycles ( months ) to make sure it runs well,
once the testing is done then they have to implement the changes to their live mortgage systems.

if only it were so easy, like people expect it to be.

How is the system different for changing say ECB rate changes or other rate changes?

Back